Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Will we ever move out of our apartment???

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 7:49 pm
Our apartment is so small. I literally hate it. This is our 3rd apartment so far. The problem is, we are very settled in here. The thought of packing, moving,unpacking etc is nerve wracking. Dh has no interest in moving. But we are throwing away thousands each month for something so tiny that's not even ours. I get jealous of everyone that lives in spacious houses. Yet I am tripping over my own 2 feet and beat myself up every day. Advice??

frieda967

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 7:56 pm
Sounds hard

Can you afford a house?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:11 pm
BH we could but we can't agree where to move to/what to buy. Its much easier to live here as much as I hate it.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:14 pm
If the only thing holding you back is the hassle of moving I suggest you go for it. It is a temporary annoyance for a lot of gain.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:30 pm
It we were to move an hour and a half to 2 hours away from where we live now, how many times would you say is needed to go check out a certain place?

momof2+?

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:56 pm
Are you checking out the city? Neighborhood? Or you know that already and just need to find a house?
A real estate agent can show you few houses on one day and you’ll take it from there.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It we were to move an hour and a half to 2 hours away from where we live now, how many times would you say is needed to go check out a certain place?

When we did a move like that we spent 2 full non consecutive days. We set up a bunch of houses to look at, went to the shuls, drove around the neighborhood etc...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 9:05 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Are you checking out the city? Neighborhood? Or you know that already and just need to find a house?

Both

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 9:38 pm
If you are still figuring out neighborhoods, go for an extended weekend.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 20 2021, 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 10:12 pm
I’m in the process of moving to an area 2 hours away from where I live now. We go on Sunday and see as many houses as we can, like 10-15. By our 3rd Sunday we had found a house and got an accepted offer but unfortunately it fell through. Now we are under contract with a different house. I think we spent a total of 5 or 6 Sundays going. It definitely gets exhausting but it’s worth it for us, so we make do knowing it’s only a matter of time before we find the perfect house and don’t have to do it anymore

wifenmother

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 10:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
BH we could but we can't agree where to move to/what to buy. Its much easier to live here as much as I hate it.

OP, be mispallel. We were comfortable in our old house and although we desperately had to move, we weren't motivated enough to put in the time and go through the hassle. Because I knew that we really had to make the move that specific year because of our kids' ages though, I started saying tehilim and davening to Hashem to guide us and for us to let ourselves be guided by Him. Within a few weeks our new house literally fell into our laps! The hashgacha pratis we experienced was extraordinary!

Just sharing as I feel that it worked for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating