Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Help needed for a father to see his children in Israel!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 11:57 pm
My brother lives in the US and is desperately trying to gain entry to Israel to visit his young children. However, they're not citizens and he doesn't have the necessary paperwork to prove anything. Any helpful ideas for him? What can be done? Any offices or askanim who can help?
We already tried Amudim.

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 12:23 am
That's heartbreaking.

Two thoughts:
1) can he make Aliyah? Not to move, but yes to get citizenship. Then he'll be free to come and go as he pleases

2) is it possible for them to fly to him? As students here, they may be able to arrange visas more easily than him.

DrMom

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 12:32 am
What sort of paperwork is he missing?

Vaccinated first-degree relatives of Israelis can apply for entry.

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 12:43 am
DrMom wrote:
What sort of paperwork is he missing?

Vaccinated first-degree relatives of Israelis can apply for entry.

She said his children aren't Israeli...

DrMom

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 12:45 am
Rappel wrote:
She said his children aren't Israeli...

Oh, I see.
I thought "they" referred to the father and his family in the US... (I thought he remarried).

Are the children permanent residents? If so, the same rules for entry apply.

tree of life

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:11 am
072-243-7733
Try Chaim vchesssed hatzlacha

chanchy123

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:14 am
DrMom wrote:
Oh, I see.
I thought "they" referred to the father and his family in the US... (I thought he remarried).

Are the children permanent residents? If so, the same rules for entry apply.

I’m also pretty sure the rules apply to permanent residents as well.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:27 am
Rappel wrote:
That's heartbreaking.

Two thoughts:
1) can he make Aliyah? Not to move, but yes to get citizenship. Then he'll be free to come and go as he pleases

2) is it possible for them to fly to him? As students here, they may be able to arrange visas more easily than him.

She said 'young' children. I'm assuming they are little kids, not students.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 5:37 am
Contact Yad Olim - Dov Lipman's organization they are very very good (there is also Chaim V'chessed but don't contact both choose one)

If you make Aliya you really need to say for a year as far as I know - and you need to get a special document if you want to leave during that year.

Just wondering how they are in a different countries - did your brother leave Israel? Cause most divorce agreements specify that a parent can't move more than a certain distance..

Hatzlocha

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 5:44 am
PSA Most divorce decrees limit a parent moving WITH THE CHILDREN.
Parents can move to wherever they want so long as they move alone.
The decree limits how far parent can move with children -- it is the children who cannot be moved from one parent and from the place in which they are currently domiciled barring agreement between both parents or other unusual circumstances allowed by legal order or decree.

Hatzlocha Op.

amother
Bellflower

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 7:13 am
As the father, he's entitled to copies of his children's birth certificates, wherever they were born. If he's divorced from their mother, I assume he has, or can get, copies of the divorce papers. What does he need?

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 7:24 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:

If you make Aliya you really need to say for a year as far as I know - and you need to get a special document if you want to leave during that year.

Nope nope! You just lose a lot of Aliyah benefits if you're not living here the first year. It can be worth it for people whom want to visit but have occupations overseas still.

Success10

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 7:27 am
I also think he should file for aliyah. But isn't there a minimum amount of time he must stay in Israel for? Even 3 months or something?

essie14

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 7:40 am
Success10 wrote:
I also think he should file for aliyah. But isn't there a minimum amount of time he must stay in Israel for? Even 3 months or something?

Nope. Someone I know just made aliyah. They had applied a while back, visa was approved, NBN told them if they dont make aliyah now, they have to start from scratch.
So they made aliyah , came for a visit and left after 3 weeks. They have no plans to live here for a good few years. But they have some kids here so now they can visit easily.

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 7:40 am
Success10 wrote:

Turns out, no. My FIL is actually about to complete this process, so this is all pretty fresh for us. He's staying with us for a month, and then flying back to work. He'll miss out on sal klitah, tax exemptions, etc. But he doesn't care.

Success10

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 8:06 am
I would like my MIL to do this. Having trouble convincing her. FIL is already Israeli.

amother
Fern

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:20 pm
essie14 wrote:
Nope. Someone I know just made aliyah. They had applied a while back, visa was approved, NBN told them if they dont make aliyah now, they have to start from scratch.
So they made aliyah , came for a visit and left after 3 weeks. They have no plans to live here for a good few years. But they have some kids here so now they can visit easily.

Tread very carefully - if a parent makes Aliyah then the children automatically become Israelis, no matter where they live. Do the children want to become israelis? Check that out with whatever organization you choose to go with, for example, Chaim V'Chessed.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:44 pm
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
Tread very carefully - if a parent makes Aliyah then the children automatically become Israelis, no matter where they live. Do the children want to become israelis? Check that out with whatever organization you choose to go with, for example, Chaim V'Chessed.

Are you sure? I had thought the children need to be born to a citizen, and that if a parent makes aliyah, the children also need to make aliyah to be citizens.

And if this is true, at what age does it disappear? Because if a sixty year old makes aliyah, does her 35 year old daughter become a citizen?

essie14

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 1:06 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Are you sure? I had thought the children need to be born to a citizen, and that if a parent makes aliyah, the children also need to make aliyah to be citizens.

And if this is true, at what age does it disappear? Because if a sixty year old makes aliyah, does her 35 year old daughter become a citizen?

Absolutely not. Children who are over 18 have no aliyah connections whatsoever to parents who made aliyah.
Even children under 18 need to explicitly make aliyah with their parents.
Automatic citizenship is only conferred upon children born to parents who are already citizens.

chanchy123

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 4:24 pm
I also have a relative whose masking Aliyah officially so she is free to come see her kids who live in Israel.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions