Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Westgate- can you tell me more about it?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 10:17 pm
Can anyone please help me with this info. All information is helpful.

What type of community is it?
Where do you send your boys to yeshiva, girls to school?
What supermarkets do they have?
How many shuls are there?
Is it possible to live there with no car or just one car?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 10:21 pm
It is huge and super mixed. Everything from super yeshivish to modern, and some non jews. I think almost every single school is represented there. They have a small shopping plaza, kosher west is the supermarket and they carry everything. You can survive within westgate with one or no cars, but you need a car to go anywhere else. There are at least 3 shuls maybe more in the newer areas.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 10:23 pm
They have Kosher West supermarket right in westgate. There are shuls, urgent care, mikva, stores almost anything you need right there. Depending where you need to get to for yeshiva/work/schools you would probably need a car to get anywhere else in Lakewood.

amother
Garnet

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 10:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can anyone please help me with this info. All information is helpful.

1. What type of community is it?
2. Where do you send your boys to yeshiva, girls to school?
3. What supermarkets do they have?
4. How many shuls are there?
5. Is it possible to live there with no car or just one car?

youre basically asking to describe a mini city Smile so here goes...

1. its a mix of all types...you have to research the block/building etc, cuz you literally have everyone, right wing, left wing, bts, israelis, younger, older...no type at all!

2. since its such a mix, that really varies based on who you are

3. kosher west, there is a pharmacy here, sock store, suit store, cleaners, pizza store, ice cream store, wine store, take out/fleishig eatery, urgent care, shoe maker, eye glasses store, seforim store, clothing store, and im for sure missing something...and mikva of course

4. there is one main building, with multiple minyanim...and then there are many basement shuls all around westgate

5. yes to both. and there is a small bus that goes from westgate to other areas in lkwd

amother
Lightgray

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 10:31 pm
Yes it's a mix but even the most yeshivish people I know there like it. They're renting, would probably buy in Jackson if they were ready to buy now but it's great for them at the moment.

momof2+?

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 10:56 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
youre basically asking to describe a mini city Smile so here goes...

1. its a mix of all types...you have to research the block/building etc, cuz you literally have everyone, right wing, left wing, bts, israelis, younger, older...no type at all!

2. since its such a mix, that really varies based on who you are

3. kosher west, there is a pharmacy here, sock store, suit store, cleaners, pizza store, ice cream store, wine store, take out/fleishig eatery, urgent care, shoe maker, eye glasses store, seforim store, clothing store, and im for sure missing something...and mikva of course

4. there is one main building, with multiple minyanim...and then there are many basement shuls all around westgate

5. yes to both. and there is a small bus that goes from westgate to other areas in lkwd

You forgot barber Very Happy

amother
Garnet

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 11:05 pm
momof2+? wrote:
You forgot barber Very Happy

true point!

basically, weve got e/t here in westgate!
center of town should open here and then were really set!

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 2:59 am
There are no schools in West Gate not every school has busing to West Gate. If your school does not have busing and it is not walking distance-like most schools you will need a car just to take your kids to school.

amother
Peony

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 5:36 am
There are many playgroups but no real schools.

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 6:24 am
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
There are no schools in West Gate not every school has busing to West Gate. If your school does not have busing and it is not walking distance-like most schools you will need a car just to take your kids to school.

It’s in lkwd proper. I’ve never heard of a bussing issue for elementary age children to west gate.
Often in lkwd there’s are days with no bussing so you have to drive.
Many boys mesivta have horrible bussing and parents need to drive often.

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 9:21 am
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
It’s in lkwd proper. I’ve never heard of a bussing issue for elementary age children to west gate.
Often in lkwd there’s are days with no bussing so you have to drive.
Many boys mesivta have horrible bussing and parents need to drive often.

I live in West Gate my girls do not have busing, have not have busing for a few years already.

I know of some boys school that do not have busing from west gate-elementary school

I am not talking about courtesy busing were you pay, but busing that you get if you live more then 2 miles away.

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 9:37 am
I live here a couple months, so here's my take.

It's a more chilled/out of towny vibe - at least where I live. The rentals have a lot of people on HUD so it's not a fancy / high social pressure crowd.

The shopping plaza here is a lifesaver but if doesn't have everything there's no center of town type store and there actually isn't a much for clothing shopping for kids. There's a sock store that has sells a few kids basics and the ladies clothing store that sells tweens and teens clothes. There's also no shoe stores.

I do hear there's a Westgate shoe gmach for affordable kids shoes, and also a used (kids?) clothing gmach.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 11:08 am
Are there condos in westgate? Where are they, what are they like?

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 3:42 am
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
Are there condos in westgate? Where are they, what are they like?

Houses in West Gate:

To buy-
-A town house, two types one with a garage and backyard no outside entrance to basement or study, or one with out a garage and just a deck for yard with a study and outside entrance to basement
-A stand a lone house
-There are a few duplex, some with a garage some with out

To rent-
There are 2,3,4,5 bedroom apartments some are one floor some are two
There are a few different layouts for the apartments and I don't know all of them or how to explain what the ones that I do know look like.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 3:29 pm
Thanks, is there a condo association to get in touch with about available property, or just through local realtors? What streets are the condos on?

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 11:01 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
Thanks, is there a condo association to get in touch with about available property, or just through local realtors? What streets are the condos on?

If you are looking to rent 732-942-1111

If looking to buy call a realtor, I don't no witch one specializes in West Gate
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries