Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
When to apply for mesivta?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 11:14 am
My oldest DS is in 8th grade, so I don't know how the mesivta application process and timeline work. We're interested in applying to places like Philly, Long Beach, Schlanger's. One person told me to call Isru Chag Sukkos, and someone else said that's way too early. Anyone with experience who can tell me when I should call to request an application?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 11:22 am
The earliest to call is when chanukah displays go up in the stores.

esuss

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 12:01 pm
I was told Chanukah time for the in town Mesiftas. I live in Monsey so Chanukah time if may son is going to a Mesifte in Monsey. But if he would apply for anywhere outside of Monsey then soon after succos. It doesn’t hurt to call earlier and then ask when they start taking applications. They are probably closed on isru Chag so try a few days later.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 12:04 pm
Isru chag is right to call up and ask when they're doing applications. They probably won't be open though... But leave a message and call back a couple days later, etc
Philly only really has one day for applications.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 12:50 pm
I think Philly does earlier than the others. The 8th grade Rebbi should be able to guide you with mesivtas.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My oldest DS is in 8th grade, so I don't know how the mesivta application process and timeline work. We're interested in applying to places like Philly, Long Beach, Schlanger's. One person told me to call Isru Chag Sukkos, and someone else said that's way too early. Anyone with experience who can tell me when I should call to request an application?

Call, and if it’s too early either they will tell or you can ask when to call back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics