Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
DH wants a Tesla, I prefer a Sienna.
Previous  1  2

Emunah13

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 8:01 pm
youngishbear wrote:
As someone who hates flashy luxury but really loves gadgets and/or things that add comfort/convenience, I get both of you.

How hard will it be for you to handle the extra attention this will attract?
How deprived will he feel if he ends up with a boring car that everyone else has?

Well said , he offered to place some fake scratch stickers to appease me .

His laptop background pix is model X

Bruria

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 8:31 pm
Emunah13 wrote:
Well said , he offered to place some fake scratch stickers to appease me .

His laptop background pix is model X

Wow that's his laptop background? No discussion, Tesla it is, it's his dream you need to let him get it

OOT

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 8:37 pm
Maybe you can compromise... there are so many good choices in between those.
On another note, it’s so much classier imo to be well-off and understated than to wear your bank account on your sleeve. Also, I believe that people invite ayin hora when drawing attention to their successes.

r1

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 8:50 pm
OOT wrote:
Maybe you can compromise... there are so many good choices in between those.
On another note, it’s so much classier imo to be well-off and understated than to wear your bank account on your sleeve. Also, I believe that people invite ayin hora when drawing attention to their successes.

There’s also less goodwill. My husbands friend drives a Tesla and we were just discussing how everyone bargains/ covers for each other but even the big spenders feel the Tesla is next level flashy.

I do think it also depends on where u live and how common it is. Also how much will it effect u and the kids- are you or your husband carpooling them? Personally I would get a minivan and let my husband get the Tesla for himself. Would not want to pull up in my kids school in a Tesla unless I already donating more than it’s worth yearly. ( this isn’t actually about money, it’s the attitude)

bnm

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 6:01 am
Does it fit a full grocery order? I am practical like that....

jake

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 9:53 am
Big Tesla Fan Girl. and I feel for your DH

However, even if the Model X, technically can fit 7 seaters, and the Model Y, 6 - it is an extremely tight fit.

I suggest you visit a Tesla showroom, with the entire family and maybe a bag to two, to "Test Comfort" the Tesla.

I love my Sienna b/c it is extremely roomy (we do a lot of long distance drives). But yes, NOT COOL AT ALL,AND PRETTY UGLY - BUT PRACTICAL - something your DH does not want to hear.

The Model X is a very expensive car, why not just purchase 2 cars, if you can afford it. The very cool Model Y (or wait for the Tesla Truck) and a minivan or large cooler SUV.

mushkale

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 10:28 am
Emunah13 wrote:
DH says used X is more value for $ & more space than new Y

He's probably right and my husband tried to sell me on the doors- that it'll make getting kids in and out of car seats so much easier etc but I put my foot down and we have the 7 seater Y. So I hear you. And I don't know what to tell you....

tryinghard

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 11:50 am
OBnursemom wrote:
My boss has a Tesla X. She said the 7 seater is not good for older/bigger kids in the back row. She also said the Tesla is steel, causes a ton of damage if you crash (due to weight) and there are a lot of accidents caused by the auto drive feature. We were discussing this because my odyssey got side swiped by a truck and it’s totaled. My husband wants a Tesla because our oldest is in seminary. And I’m mad because the odyssey was ‘my’ car.

The steel thing concerns me: I believe most cars are made of aluminum because it crumples, which absorbs a lot of the energy of a crash, allowing for better (safer) outcomes.
Does the Tesla compensate for this?

OBnursemom

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 12:05 pm
tryinghard wrote:
The steel thing concerns me: I believe most cars are made of aluminum because it crumples, which absorbs a lot of the energy of a crash, allowing for better (safer) outcomes.
Does the Tesla compensate for this?

I don’t know. I would have to look into it. Most car companies try to make the car safer for the occupants. And I want that. But I don’t want my car to be more likely to hurt someone else either. Meanwhile, my littles were in the car when my husband was hit by a city truck, and all of them are fine. Makes me want to get another odyssey.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars