Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Newborn in a mountain buggy duet

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 7:32 pm
A really nice friend gave us her mountain buggy duet (I was told she’s gonna get a new double stroller) and my husband adjusted the straps of one seat to fit my baby girl in it.

The thing is

- it’s not parent facing so I won’t be able to properly see my baby girl. And she won’t see me. And I wanted to get a bassinet for this stroller for that reason (for us to see each other)
- the seat cushion (if there was one) part is very worn off. I can’t imagine it being comfortable for a 2 week old baby. It’s like sitting on a cloth with a bunch of plastic tubes poking at you.

Would you put a newborn baby in the actual seat?
Or invest in a bassinet?

Also the rubber handle cover is torn half way off. Where can I get a replacement because I was not able to find anything on the website.

(My husband and I agreed to try it out for a week or so and if I don’t like it we’ll try to get a bassinet for the stroller)

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 7:48 pm
Honestly? Sounds like a lemon.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 7:56 pm
I've never had a fancy stroller or a bassinet.

I would fold a blanket and put the baby on top of the blanket for softness.

helpful

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 7:58 pm
Mazel tov on your new baby girl!!
So nice of that women to give you her stroller.
I put my newborn baby into a double stroller seat (facing the street). She was ok. I ordered a cushion on amazon- I think it cost approximately $15.
If you live in BP, you can try little luxury or mega babies for a handle cover.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 8:00 pm
I put my newborns in a mountain buggy duet. I had a good stroller seat liner for the baby's seat.

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 8:03 pm
Yea we can’t afford a bugaboo or whatever is the latest rage these days lol but before we got this stroller I wanted to get the valco baby double stroller when we would get the tax return or even the city mini stroller. But yeh.

But that handle bar is so uncomfortable lol one side is basically metal and the other rubber….

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 8:05 pm
Okay will check out megababies and little luxury iyh

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 8:06 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I put my newborns in a mountain buggy duet. I had a good stroller seat liner for the baby's seat.

Which brand which company if it’s okay I ask?

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 8:27 pm
I put my newborn into the mountain buggy duet. I bought a liner/insert that supported the head from mega babies. I think it was a jj cole one but not 100% sure.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 8:28 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Which brand which company if it’s okay I ask?

I'm not sure the brand. It's sold at local store.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 8:30 pm
Mazal tov!!!!!! Such beautiful news!!!!

I put my newborn In the duet. I used a infant insert. Maybe summer infant was the brand. From amazon.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 11:14 pm
I found this on amazon. It might work for the handlebar. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....bf859 https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....3eaef and this might be a good idea for the newborn. I always had my babies in a regular double stroller (without an insert) and it was totally ok. I pulled up the hood to look at the baby.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 11:24 pm
Op, 1st if mazel tov and lots of nachas!

I have a brand new mountain buggy duet handlebar in my storage. I had the exact thing happen as yours- and since it was still in warranty I got a new one. But don’t ask me why I never replaced it. Rolling Eyes
Iirc, little luxury sells a material thing bar to put over, but if you don’t find it- I’ll be happy to give you mine. I’m not currently using my double stroller, and something is going on with the brake- so not even sure if it’s fixable to use again...

Please pm me so I can figure out a way to get it to you.

Eta
I’ve had newborns in the mountain buggy too, and it was totally fine. I was looking into getting the bassinet, but was told babies outgrow it very fast and not worth it. You can also look into getting a graco or other car seat adapter and this way baby faces you and less opportunity for older sib to grab away newborns paci or just scratch her face...

imaima

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:07 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
A really nice friend gave us her mountain buggy duet (I was told she’s gonna get a new double stroller) and my husband adjusted the straps of one seat to fit my baby girl in it.

The thing is

- it’s not parent facing so I won’t be able to properly see my baby girl. And she won’t see me. And I wanted to get a bassinet for this stroller for that reason (for us to see each other)
- the seat cushion (if there was one) part is very worn off. I can’t imagine it being comfortable for a 2 week old baby. It’s like sitting on a cloth with a bunch of plastic tubes poking at you.

Would you put a newborn baby in the actual seat?
Or invest in a bassinet?

Also the rubber handle cover is torn half way off. Where can I get a replacement because I was not able to find anything on the website.

(My husband and I agreed to try it out for a week or so and if I don’t like it we’ll try to get a bassinet for the stroller)

Of course, get a bassinet!

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 4:07 am
The padding on the handlebar breaks for most people. I was able to order a replacement from ebay and you just slide it on. Then I got a cover for it that zipped over the foam to keep it from getting torn again.
Most people just put the baby in the seat with no problem. I did get the bassinet but not sure if I would waste the money on buying it at full price. It is very narrow and most babies outgrow it within a couple of months. I would suggest you get more of a cocoon footmuff which will offer head support and keep your baby cosy.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 5:25 am
Any baby store sells inserts for newborns. Get a cute one with a matching handlebar cover. If you could take care of the handlebar, then it’s a mostly cosmetic problem. There are nice liners for stained and worn seats. Mine is so stained that next baby will get a liner.

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 8:42 am
Something to have in mind....
Winter is comming. A newborn is much better protected from the elements and its a lot more cozy in a baby bassinet. I also have the MB duet and I invested in a bassinet last year for my baby. She was very happy in it and I do not regret the investment.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 8:49 am
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
Something to have in mind....
Winter is comming. A newborn is much better protected from the elements and its a lot more cozy in a baby bassinet. I also have the MB duet and I invested in a bassinet last year for my baby. She was very happy in it and I do not regret the investment.

We're only the beginning of September now, by the time it's winter, her baby will probably be too big for the bassinet. I bought the bassinet for my baby who was born end of November and yes she did seem more protected than in just the seat and I liked being able to see her. But she had outgrown it once she was about 3 months. And if you have big babies, they might not fit in the bassinet even as newborns.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics