Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby wakes up too early :(

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 7:25 am
Lately my 10 month old has been waking up super early- like before 6. She stays up for an hour or so then gets tired and cranky and goes back to sleep for 30-40 minutes. So annoying.
Is there a way to get her to sleep later in the morning?
She goes to sleep normal time- like around 7.

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 7:34 am
What happens if you feed her and put her right back to sleep?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 7:37 am
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
What happens if you feed her and put her right back to sleep?

She's usually too awake at that point. She needs to be up for a little while till she gets tired enough again

amother
Green

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 7:38 am
That's a normal time to wake up for many people. See if you can adjust your schedule to start your day early. You may like it.

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 7:41 am
Does she fall asleep nicely when you put her in at 7? Maybe she’s going to bed too late. My kids always sleep better when they go to bed at a good time.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 7:42 am
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
Does she fall asleep nicely when you put her in at 7? Maybe she’s going to bed too late. My kids always sleep better when they go to bed at a good time.

Depends on the night. Sometimes she goes straight to sleep, sometimes we'll hear her playing around for like a half hour or so

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 7:45 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
That's a normal time to wake up for many people. See if you can adjust your schedule to start your day early. You may like it.

I would like it if I could have some time to start my day before she gets up, but if I'm anyways waking up with her it makes no difference to me

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 7:48 am
I've been through that, it's hard. On of my kids would wake up 5:30-6am every morning. It was exhausting. But from what I understand, quite a few families have this. I tried putting him to sleep a little later in the evenings, and it didn't help, he'd still wake up at the crack of dawn.
Room darkening curtains helped somewhat.
Hugs.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 8:02 am
Why don’t you put her to bed at 8?

cupcake123

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 8:41 am
My 18 month also does this. Putting her to sleep later does not help. I'm so tired!

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 8:46 am
My baby is the same age and also wakes up too early. But I start his day from when I take him out. So I wouldn’t let him go back to sleep 30 min later. Some other things that have helped, but are not guaranteed - making sure he doesn’t sleep more than three hours total during the day, room darkening shades. Bedtime doesn’t seem to affect wake up time much. Ultimately I think he’s just an early riser and I can manage after 6, but before is just too early for me!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 9:25 am
SuperWify wrote:
Why don’t you put her to bed at 8?

She gets very tired

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 9:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She gets very tired

You have to slowly push her schedule back - all naps and meals should be pushed off one hour so bedtime falls out at 8 without her being extra tired. 11 hour night is normal, you may just need an 8 pm to 7 am schedule instead of 7 pm to 6 am. That's what I always did.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 11:39 am
stillnewlywed wrote:
You have to slowly push her schedule back - all naps and meals should be pushed off one hour so bedtime falls out at 8 without her being extra tired. 11 hour night is normal, you may just need an 8 pm to 7 am schedule instead of 7 pm to 6 am. That's what I always did.

Just warning you it may not work. Hasn’t yet worked for mine and I tried everything including working with a sleep coach. She said some babies just naturally wake up earlier.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 11:40 am
If she’s still taking 2 naps, drop one. She’s the age

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 2:38 pm
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
Just warning you it may not work. Hasn’t yet worked for mine and I tried everything including working with a sleep coach. She said some babies just naturally wake up earlier.

Yeah nothing worked for me either. Eventually you realise you have to accept it.... My kids like to wake up at five.

English3

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 5:10 pm
I heard that putting your baby to sleep earlier like 6:30 can help. Sounds counterintuitive but it works. Blackout blinds also work.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 5:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She gets very tired

I don’t know. Try to push her off or maybe wake up up for a change out bottle.

7 seems like very early to me. My baby naps from like 6-7, wakes up for a change and a bottle and then for back for the night at 8:30/9 until 8 the next day.

#Happymom

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 6:06 pm
it can just be a phase lasting for 2 weeks or so, but if it's been going on for longer it might be worth trying to put her to sleep a bit later - but be consistent for a week and see if that changes anything.

also, like others said above, once she's up, start her day properly.

good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics