Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
The Challah Box

Amarante

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 3:12 pm
Well this is certainly a unique subscription service.

https://thechallahbox.com/

The service will supply all the ingredients necessary to make challah - approximately eight loaves per box. It would make a unique gift 🎁 Very Happy Five percent of proceeds go to charity.

Co-creator Ilana got the idea for the box after her synagogue held a challah baking event in memory of her late father, drawing a group of 50 women together to mix up a batch of challah.

“Physically, I left with challah, but mentally I walked away with so much more,” she explains on The Challah Box site. “I felt a deep sense of community, purpose, and love. I knew that I wanted to take that feeling and box it up.”

Each box contains pre-measured ingredients to make your challah, along with instructions. The only thing you need to supply is eggs and water. Traditionally two loaves are baked each week. Follow that, and one box is estimated to last about a month.

ETA The subscription also is supplemented with recipes and how to videos

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Sep 08 2021, 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 6:05 pm
Is this a sponsored post? The phone doesn’t show me everything. If it’s not, it should be because this is an ad for a business. If it is sponsored per imamother rules, please disregard. A gut yor.

Amarante

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 6:10 pm
Why anonymous to post a damned if I do and damned if I don’t inquisition - a when did I stop beating my wife type of question? 😂😂 It was either a post in violation of the rules or it should be 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😂

Why would you assume this is a sponsored post and why should it be?

For the record, I have absolutely no affiliation with the company but thought it was a unique idea.

But very nice to think the worst of someone. 🙄

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Sep 08 2021, 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 9:01 pm
That's a nice idea! I wish them success. Thanks for sharing.

hodeez

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 9:03 pm
So interesting!

Raisin

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:04 am
I guess its a nice gift but $45 is super expensive for ingredients you can probably buy for under $5-10.

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:44 am
Raisin wrote:
I guess its a nice gift but $45 is super expensive for ingredients you can probably buy for under $5-10.

Which pretty much describes most subscription boxes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen