Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Circle magazine vs women magazines

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 5:46 pm
What does it say about me that I enjoy the circle magazine over the Binah, Mishpacha or Ami?

Anyone else?

I read it before my kids. Lol.

Kumphort

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 5:48 pm
As long as you are not fighting over who gets it first.

I find that it’s enjoyable as well. Some factual articles. None of the fluff pieces which don’t really say anything like the women’s articles.

Ma3

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 5:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What does it say about me that I enjoy the circle magazine over the Binah, Mishpacha or Ami?

Anyone else?

I read it before my kids. Lol.

I think it says that you're busy enough all day that you like to unwind with light, fun stuff! That's all!💕

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 5:50 pm
Ma3 wrote:
I think it says that you're busy enough all day that you like to unwind with light, fun stuff! That's all!💕

The opposite. As the poster above said it's less fluffy. Maybe it's bec I don't work and I'm bored and understimulated. Also maybe my attention span is that of a child Smile .

adar

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:01 pm
I like the circle cause it has little of everything news/history, light stories and the topics change. I find the women magazines have the same few topics on rotation. Plus I like that as a family we "bond" about the stories, news or the halacha question.

aimhabanim

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:22 pm
I know someone without little kids who gets it for herself so you’re not alone 😊

muminmich

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 7:13 pm
I am exactly the same way! I read it cover to cover(except for the comics ha ha I'm way too old for that) it's really very well done.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 7:22 pm
muminmich wrote:
I am exactly the same way! I read it cover to cover(except for the comics ha ha I'm way too old for that) it's really very well done.

Good to know I'm not the only one Smile

little neshamala

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 7:34 pm
I love the circle. The womens magazines only have a few pages that I enjoy reading, the rest I skim through.
I think I read a good 90% of the circle, and enjoy it.

dena613

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 8:37 pm
Haha!!! I was excited with my kids!
Miss Geisler is a bodyguard!!!!
I really like the Tunie story!

But I really don't understand the Esther Malka one. I must have missed a few... How did she get out of the basement bunker if she was locked in?

dena613

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 8:41 pm
I don't read the comics.
I don't read most of it.

I enjoyed those two serials, and I LOVE!!!! Mimi Muenster!!!!

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 8:43 pm
Circle mag is fantastic, but don’t think it’s a reflection on you, rather on the garbage women’s mags…

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 8:44 pm
We got a whole fan club here!

Simple1

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 8:46 pm
Why only comparing to the women's magazines? If including main and woman together, then I definitely prefer adults magazines. My kids and even older teens like the Circle.

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 10:16 pm
The Circle is awesome! I read it cover to cover!
(I might just be a teeny bit biased.)
- a Circle writer LOL

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 10:52 pm
I don’t read the Circle, but my high school age kids do (along with their younger siblings). It’s more upbeat than the women’s magazines. It’s good for people who want to read something light.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 11:20 pm
##But I really don't understand the Esther Malka one. I must have missed a few... How did she get out of the basement bunker if she was locked in?

In the very first chapter the bunker unlocked - it was 'set' to open after exactly 20 years. I liked that story!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room