Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Please update me: Ami living serial See You
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 12:16 am
So I am following the serial see you, someone gives me a few weeks at a time and missing the week where Esther tells Shlomo why she doesn’t speak to Mindy. Can someone fill me in on what happened???

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 12:26 am
U want the continuation until now or just that weeks article?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 9:31 am
That week and the continuation please!

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 10:18 pm
I also missed that installment and am so curious about it!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 10:37 pm
Anyone want to fill us in?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 10:46 pm
Basically, iirc, Mindy was older than her but she was the golden girl who excelled at everything. Esther was always overlooked.

At some point she decided to become miss perfect and she pushed herself to excell in school and at her yearbook job (?). But she never felt that she got the attention she deserved because she was overshadowed by Mindy. Mindy never bothered to notice or care that Esther was a nothing compared to her. Then Mindy got engaged to the most amazing boy in the world, a boy Esther could only dream of. Then she had the misfortune of overhearing a message that said that really the shidduch was redt for Esther but the mother didnt want to skip the older sister so she gave the shidduch over to Mindy.
That was the straw that broke the camel's back. After that she could never forgive Mindy.

That's the gist of it I believe.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 11:08 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
Basically, iirc, Mindy was older than her but she was the golden girl who excelled at everything. Esther was always overlooked.

At some point she decided to become miss perfect and she pushed herself to excell in school and at her yearbook job (?). But she never felt that she got the attention she deserved because she was overshadowed by Mindy. Mindy never bothered to notice or care that Esther was a nothing compared to her. Then Mindy got engaged to the most amazing boy in the world, a boy Esther could only dream of. Then she had the misfortune of overhearing a message that said that really the shidduch was redt for Esther but the mother didnt want to skip the older sister so she gave the shidduch over to Mindy.
That was the straw that broke the camel's back. After that she could never forgive Mindy.

That's the gist of it I believe.

Right and as soon as she finished saying all of it to Shlomo he was so supportive and empathetic and gentle and loving and he proposed right then and there on the spot.
Esther was over the moon until she got home where nobody was happy with her news.

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:16 am
Thanks guys! I missed all that too. My supermarket forgot to send magazines 2 weeks in a row.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 12:17 am
Anyone else finding Esther to be a very unlikable and unsympathetic character? I am not connecting to her in the least.
Like what does Shlomo see in her?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 1:18 am
What happened this week?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:28 am
Her kids are very upset at her for getting engaged. Her daughter Ruchy sends her a letter basically saying that unless she breaks the engagement, she wille lose her kids.
Her future mother in law comes in kist then and convinces her that if she breaks the engagement, everyone will lose out, and the kids wont gain. And she recommends having Shlomo talk to the kids and win them over.

Anyone else think this Goldy is way overstepping her bounds here??

amother
Red

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:31 am
Anyone else finding Esther to be a very unlikable and unsympathetic character? I am not connecting to her in the least.

This. She's the most selfish person and the worst mother. Can't wait to read how it will play out in the end.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:53 am

Completely agree.
She’s controlling and selfish. Very very unlikable

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:08 am
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
Completely agree.
She’s controlling and selfish. Very very unlikable

I also dont think her hatred of Mindy makes any sense. Like really. Mindy didnt even do anything. It was her mother who decided to give the boy to mindy instead of esther. .

I think they Shlomos reaction to Esther upon hearing her story was very not realistic. Any other man would've been disgusted with a woman who spurns her sister for no reason. Instead he acted so validating for her pathetic sob story.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 6:26 am
Not so pathetic if you realize the big picture of the way Mindy dealt with Esther when they were both younger , including even on her wedding day.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:20 am
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
Not so pathetic if you realize the big picture of the way Mindy dealt with Esther when they were both younger , including even on her wedding day.

Most of it was in her mind!
What was her big claim against mindy? That mindy was so talented and popular and didnt bring her sister into the limelight?? That wasnt Mindy's job! It was the job of their parents and teachers. Her claim against Mindy might have made sense as a child but once she is a grown adult, she should realize how unfair and ridiculous her grudge was.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:24 am
Right
Like if your sisters estrange you and cut you off because they are jealous like does that make any sense to you particularly when you are a mature adult?
Take some responsibility make amends and grow up

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:36 am
amother [ Steel ] wrote:

What happened on the wedding day?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 10:37 am
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
What happened on the wedding day?

I don't remember anything special happening on the wedding either... unless I missed a chapter.

In my opinion, if Shlomo has any brains, he would stay far away from Esther. How could Goldie be so blind??

#Happymom

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 2:25 pm
I started off really enjoying this serial, but now I just do not like esther's character!! she is extremely self absorbed and she cries way too much and she's always worrying about others thinking about her... Although, if mindy did realise that she was stealing esther's chossen, and still did it just to get the better end of the deal, then that could be a great reason for such a feud. I also feel like the writer makes it seem like esther has it all together in public and is a seemingly amazing and accomplished multitasker, we the readers never seem to see that side of her.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room