Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
This should be in household tips

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:20 pm
So I have been fatigued lately and overwhelmed. No cleaning help or hubby help. Today I told my kids thst if they help a lot they can get a new game. My kids really surprised me. They mopped and put toys away and shlepped. Down to my 6 year old. Who knew how capable they were!

This is really a PSA for all overwhelmed mothers, your kids have hidden potential locked behind very big bribes Very Happy

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:33 pm
And kids probably work cheaper then a cleaning lady.

And they learn some important life skills.

hodeez

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:39 pm
Yes u should see my house erev shabbat! The kids zoom around the whole house cleaning because they know once it's all clean they get shabbos party! Bh for my little helpers ❤️

bigsis144

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 7:03 pm
I’m glad this works for you!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 9:25 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
And kids probably work cheaper then a cleaning lady.

And they learn some important life skills.

Way cheaper! Shhhhh

Good Friend

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 9:58 pm
We always used to surprise my mother on erev Shabbos when she came home from work. We would make a list of chores and divide them up and rush to do them, all to see how happy my mother would be when she came home. I hope my kids to the same when they're older! (Oldest is 3)

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 10:20 pm
Good Friend wrote:
We always used to surprise my mother on erev Shabbos when she came home from work. We would make a list of chores and divide them up and rush to do them, all to see how happy my mother would be when she came home. I hope my kids to the same when they're older! (Oldest is 3)

So cute.
Reminds me of a children's book we used to have about a brother and sister who came home from school on friday to see a big list of chores. They start doing all the chores and are exhausted by the time their mother comes home. Turns out the mother wrote the list for herself!
It was called The Munchkins make shabbos or something like that? Anyone know this book?..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics