Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How common are fake lashes?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 10:45 am
I'm in my forties now and fake lashes weren't much of a thing when I was younger. But now it seems they're all over. I ask myself is mascara getting better? Does everyone have gorgeous lashes except for me? Or does literally every other person wear them nowadays?

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:07 am
It's become really really common of late. Mascara has not gotten any better.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:15 am
So many people wear them now.

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:17 am
Can someone teach me how! I had them done for my son's wedding and I really loved how I looked and eyelashes. I have almost nothing.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:18 am
Do they get them professionally done or at a drugstore? Advice for a first timer with really skimpy lashes? Please!?

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:23 am
You can get them done professionally or do them yourself. My MIL gets it done professional and they last a while.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:24 am
I hate mascara, because no matter the formula, I always end up looking like a raccoon.

False eyelashes have gotten more popular, because they have gotten much more natural looking. Nobody wants to look like a drag queen (unless that is their goal in life. Batting Eyelashes )

If you have time, you can fuss around with them in your bathroom mirror. If you need them ASAP for a simcha, I suggest you have a makeup artist help you figure them out. There is a bit of a learning curve there.

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do they get them professionally done or at a drugstore? Advice for a first timer with really skimpy lashes? Please!?

The two most common are semi permanent done at the salon every few weeks.
And the magnetic lashes. Where you use an eyeliner that has some magnetic element to it. Then place the lashes near the eyeliner and they will stick (there are a few micro magnetics on the lashes).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....b511e . Can be used a few times.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:27 am
I learned to do it by myself with practice.
I use the ardell trio short lashes
The duo lash glue (white and pink bottle, glue is grey then turns black when it dries).
I saw my makeup artist use it when I had my lashes done first few times.
Most tutorials show you how to do it with a tweezer. I do it with my hands though, it just works better for me.
They last for about a week if I'm careful not to use water or products by that area. I mostly wear it for Yom Tov, Simchas, events and sometimes just because but don't wear it constantly.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 1:17 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....5313b

I just tried these for yt - really easy to apply and look pretty natural

amother
Opal

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 1:19 pm
Does anyone know if lash extensions are a problem for Mikvah?

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
Does anyone know if lash extensions are a problem for Mikvah?

Yes, they're a chatzitza.

mizle10

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 1:31 pm
There are also eyelash serums which are great, you put it along the edge of your eyelid at night and it really helps your lashes grow longer and thicker.
I use GrandeLash and have gotten asked on occasion if my lashes are fake, that's how well it works!

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 1:52 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....5313b

I just tried these for yt - really easy to apply and look pretty natural

how did they hold up? do you have experience applying them or was the first time smooth sailing?

OneSource

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:00 pm
So I occasionally wear Moxie Lashes. I love the magnetic liner (you apply it just like regular eye liner) and once its dry, you can just click on your lashes. Easy. One thing I've learned though is to be careful in picking your first lashes. They can be HEAVY if you aren't used to wearing them and I wound up swapping my first set out for a lighter pair almost immediately.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:01 pm
What age group are you all in? I'm interested in trying them out but is it weird at my age, 34? I feel old lol. My dh would love me to try them, he said he thinks I'd suit them lol. I told him about this thread. I thought it wasn't so my type of thing but if natural looking and just enhances them, I'd love to try.

I've had lash lifts before for simchas and we both loved the look.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:10 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
What age group are you all in? I'm interested in trying them out but is it weird at my age, 34? I feel old lol. My dh would love me to try them, he said he thinks I'd suit them lol. I told him about this thread. I thought it wasn't so my type of thing but if natural looking and just enhances them, I'd love to try.

My sisters in law ages 18 & in their 20's wear them. I don't think they're age dependent.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:14 pm
I wear them at a close simcha. Then take em off the next morning. The make up artist did it

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:17 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I wear them at a close simcha. Then take em off the next morning. The make up artist did it

Did anyone notice that you looked different?
I'm tempted to try out the magnetic ones.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:31 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:

Did you get your lash lift in Brooklyn? If so, can you recommend your place? I've gotten mine done once and I was really really disappointed with the process and the results. I'm pretty sure she just did a bad job, and I'd like to try again.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics