Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
What are the best toys for 1- 2 year olds?

sari00

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:10 am
Including books links would be so helpful thanks tons!!!

mom!

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:15 am
Magna tiles
Dishes
Dolls
Mega blocks
Stacking cups or circle ring

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:19 am
These are two of my ten month old’s favorite toys - I think a one year old would like them too.

https://www.target.com/p/fishe.....05894

https://www.target.com/p/sassy.....03456

amother
DarkYellow

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:26 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
These are two of my ten month old’s favorite toys - I think a one year old would like them too.

https://www.target.com/p/fishe.....05894

https://www.target.com/p/sassy.....03456

My baby loved those but outgrow it around 14 months

missknowitall

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:27 am
Little people sets, kitchen set and food, dolls and strollers, mega blocks, any board book

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 11:28 am
My son likes lego and blocks that fit into each other

mommy9

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 12:05 pm
I babysit for 1-2 year olds. They like containers that they can put little toys in and dump them out. Dolls and stuffed animals, and anything with wheels. 2 yr olds can play with magna tiles and waffle blocks.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 12:09 pm
I have so many toys but somehow my son loves emptying my cabinets and draws most. First I got annoyed but then I realized it keeps him busy and it doesn’t take me so long to clean up so it’s worth it. He doesn’t play with the toys I buy for more than a few minutes (blocks, mega blocks, pegs…). He does love stackable cups, musical toys and when I read him books. He’s 18 months old I think it’s a stage

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 12:13 pm
Also shape sorters & wooden puzzles with pegs that have matching pics underneath

gootlfriends

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 12:18 pm
I suggest only taking out a few toys at a time. Rotate every few days. This way the child is excited. Also, they need an adult to interact with them some of the time. This is when a lot of language development occurs. By 18 months let the child pick which book. Books about animals, simple people stories, colors and shapes.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 12:23 pm
Toy cars! Like the matchbox ones.
Both of my kids at that age loved a plastic box full of different little cars (I watch them the entire time due to the small parts). The driven series at target is also great.
Dolls and strollers.
Playmobil people or posable doll house people and appropriate sized chairs and beds for them. The doll house babies and little strollers.
The Little People school bus.

(All of the toys that I mentioned that have small parts were only taken out and played with when I could watch them the whole time. I'm very careful about potential choking risks. Also I'm talking older one year olds. And obviously you just have to know your child. Some put everything in their mouths so for them I would hold off on anything small).

Duplo
Shape sorters

sari00

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 1:31 pm
Any links for popular well loved books?

sari00

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 1:33 pm
We have a Shape sorter, big Lego, cups, stuffed animals, lots of random balls, books, blocks, rings stacker, cars, trucks

Are we missing something?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics