Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Pregnancy and the vaccine
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:03 pm
With all the confusing data out there. What do most pregnant women do regarding getting the vaccine? The media lately is singling out pregnant unvaxxed women who are dying.

amother
Ebony

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:04 pm
My OB discouraged it so I’m holding off for now

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:11 pm
The media likes to put fear into people. They have that power. I would not take it at this point if Id be pregant.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:12 pm
My OB hasn’t mentioned a word. I have antibodies so I’m not worried

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:52 pm
My obgyn told me to take it.
Ask your own OB and rav and follow what they say…everyone has different things to say about it so that how I knew what the right thing would be.

scintilla

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:55 pm
I didn't take it and got covid while pregnant but it was fine bh.

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 2:58 pm
I didn't take it. Didn't get covid bh.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 3:21 pm
I had covid a few month before getting pregnant. my ob encouraged it but so far I'm not going for it. It's too new for me to trust it.

if I hadn't had covid yet, maybe I'd give it a second thought.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 3:25 pm
Two very highly qualified doctors told me not to take it. Our Dayan said not to take it. pregnant women were not tested, and there is no data on its safety 10 years down the line.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 3:33 pm
If I were pregnant and deciding about any vaccine, I would consult with my doctor or midwife regarding my personal situation and health and follow their recommendation.

amother
Azalea

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 3:43 pm
My doctor told me to take it. Baby arrived healthy on time

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 4:06 pm
The vaccine was NOT tested on pregnant women.

This is a new type of vaccine mRNA.

I heard of many miscarriages following vaccine.

Of course not everybody miscarries.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 4:17 pm
I waited a little while, then took it in the third trimester. BH baby was born on time and is healthy. He does have a mild case of hypothyroid which was easily detected and is now medicated, but I don't think there's any connection to the vaccine.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 4:26 pm
I’m dealing with this right now as well, My dr strongly advised me to take it. My Rabbi told me to listen to my Dr. every expert in the medical field that we asked agreed. I had covid last winter. Didn’t take it yet but probably will.

amother
Acacia

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 4:36 pm
I wouldnt take it.
doctors recommendations are based on cdc which did not study it in pregnant women.
Especially if u had covid your immunity is more robust and u dont want to overstimulate the immune system.
While the vaxx has not been studied in pregnant woman, immune activation has.

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 4:40 pm
Quoting Mississippi health department

https://www.mississippifreepre.....d-19/

tigerwife

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 4:52 pm
Not in the first trimester. Many have done well in their second and third trimesters and even passed on antibodies to the fetus. However, like others said, there is little data to depend on. Ask your doctor who is aware of your medical history.

keepingbusy613

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 5:16 pm
I didnt get the vaccine, as per conversations I've had with my Dr. I've never had covid, nor antibodies. Boom I'm 38 1/2 weeks pregnant and tested positive last night. Sad I've lost my sense of taste and smell (that's how I knew something was up), and have a bad cold/sore throat, but bH nothing worse. Although I hate the feeling of no taste, I'm so so so grateful that it's nothing worse. And I've had cold like symptoms since sun/mon so the Dr said I'm almost over the hump, bH (only lost sense of taste and smell weds night, after rosh hashana. I attributed the cold to lack of sleep..)

jweiss

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 5:33 pm
There is a lot of data on pregnant women getting very sick from COVID. This makes sense bc pregnant women have their immune systems suppressed throughout the pregnancy. I know I get many more colds while pregnant. As such, I waited until I was fully vaccinated to get pregnant(and no I had no issues convincing )
As for those worried about miscarriage, there were recently two separate studies that did not find the miscarriage rate changed in women who got the vaccine during pregnancy and women who did not.
All this is to say please please follow your doctor's advice.

amother
Quince

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 6:39 pm
I took the Pfizer at approx 25 and 28 weeks. I'm 32 weeks now and had a scan today, and baby is doing great BH

My dr (I use an MFM/high risk dr) strongly recommended it. In general I'm not the type to argue with doctors. I am very selective about which doctors I go to, but once I choose one I usually trust their advice and don't question them much
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics