Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Looking for info about Meohr Seminary

ima321

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 3:43 pm
Does anyone have information about meohr Seminary? I am looking for information for my daughter... we are a family with soild yeshivish hashkafos but very openminded ( Think Ner Yisroel) for example we let the occasional video but we don't have a tv/ we have computer access at home however it is filtered. my daughter covers her legs but we are okay with leggings and short socks or long skirt with short socks.( covers knees, no short sleeves) we allow secular books at home whithin boundaries... One son wears a white shirt and one son wears colored and I'm fine with both. my husband works etc. my daughter is looking for a warm seminary with a mostly OOT crowd( Nothing Jappy)with hashkafah based lessons. She is not looking for a intensely acccadmic seminary but somewhere we're the girls take there learning seriously and are growth oriented. She does't think she is cut out for long term kollel but still wants a boy who is willing to learn for a couple of years as of now . She is not very high maintenance however still enjoys nice things... can anyone tell me if they think this is a good fit for her based on my description/ has info about meohr?

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 4:32 pm
Meohr is definitely warm and hashkafa based. They do have some busy work but they’re not an academic seminary.
Girls wise- they get a lot of in towners. But a solid amount of out of towners as well…

ima321

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 6:33 pm
Do you know if the majority are in town or OOT? Do you know if the teachers are warm and reach out to the girls?

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 7:15 pm
Teachers are definitely warm. Meohr is very into teacher student relationships.
Girls wise…hard to know
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics