Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bus drivers who are distracted by phone - in BP

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 11:48 pm
I don't know what can be done, but maybe we can collectively come up with a solution to keep our young children safe.

The driver on this bus had his eyes on his phone as he was driving. Not at a red light, but as the bus was moving. I shudder to think.... https://I.imgur.com/J0HfNJs.jpg

Please let us not wait for a tragedy to happen, let us petition our schools for safer drivers.

I have never seen the nisht-yiddishe drivers using a phone while driving. They are employed by a company with strict rules. If chas vesholom an accident occurs on their watch, they can be held liable. I wish our heimishe drivers were kept to the same strict standards. It's our children's lives, after all.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 11:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't know what can be done, but maybe we can collectively come up with a solution to keep our young children safe.

The driver on this bus had his eyes on his phone as he was driving. Not at a red light, but as the bus was moving. I shudder to think.... https://I.imgur.com/J0HfNJs.jpg

Please let us not wait for a tragedy to happen, let us petition our schools for safer drivers.

I have never seen the nisht-yiddishe drivers using a phone while driving. They are employed by a company with strict rules. If chas vesholom an accident occurs on their watch, they can be held liable. I wish our heimishe drivers were kept to the same strict standards. It's our children's lives, after all.

Nisht yiddishe drivers are also on phone and speeding or making reckless turns. Just because you have never seen it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.
NO DRIVERS should be on phones!!!!
Solution is cameras on bus- if driver is reckless or on phone- suspend his license.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 11:58 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

Solution is cameras on bus- if driver is reckless or on phone- suspend his license.

I like your solution. What is the cost of implementing cameras on our buses?
I'd consider sponsoring, depending on cost.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 12:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I like your solution. What is the cost of implementing cameras on our buses?
I'd consider sponsoring, depending on cost.

I thought most buses have cameras nowadays. It's basic safety. If your schools busses don't have, call the school to demand it. Call other parents to demand it as well.

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 12:44 am
A couple years ago I noticed the same school bus passing my house every day, Speeding. Going really fast down the block and one day it nearly hit another car. That day I called the cheder and told them the bus # and said the driver is going to end up killing someone.

It didn’t slow down every day but definitely got better after that.

And I’ve done it again since. Op if you see it, call it in!!

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:22 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
A couple years ago I noticed the same school bus passing my house every day, Speeding. Going really fast down the block and one day it nearly hit another car. That day I called the cheder and told them the bus # and said the driver is going to end up killing someone.

It didn’t slow down every day but definitely got better after that.

And I’ve done it again since. Op if you see it, call it in!!

This. Please call the school.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:48 am

I don't even see a driver. All you see is a bus stopped at a corner....

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:56 am
Id call the bus company and the school.
Take down the license late so they know which driver it was.
If it is not reported, nothing will be done.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 8:44 am
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:

I don't even see a driver. All you see is a bus stopped at a corner....

I know. I was actually in a bit of shock when I saw it so it took me a minute or two to realize I could take a pic and by that time he had moved ahead of me. He was driving straight down 13, I was coming from 50 street toward 13, at the intersection when he drove past me I saw him on the phone. I'm not used to taking pics so it wasn't my immediate reaction.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics