Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How common are fake lashes?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

sweetdimples

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 8:39 am
SuperWify wrote:
https://www.rodanandfields.com/shop/r-f-lash-boost/p/ENHLSH01

I started using this too...heard great reviews on this product

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 8:49 am
Oy its aseres yimei teshuvah
Maybe false eyelashes should really be worn at home for ones husbands....
It sounds like they could really be a tznius issue in the streets
A lot of makeup in general can be very provocative- especially eye makeup...

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 8:51 am
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
Interesting. My rabbi (very scholarly legit rav) said if they look maintained and I always wear them (I do) they are not a chatzita. But he also holds that a fresh gel manicure is not a chatzitza either...so we clearly have rabbis with different shitas.

Got a hug on this
Curious: are you hugging because my rav gives a different psak than yours? Are you hugging because you judge the way I prepare for mikvah? Are you hugging because you are jealous? Or maybe, you are hugging because you are simply passive aggressive? Whatever it is? Would love to discuss. Especially right before Yom Kippur. So please, explain your hug.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 8:55 am
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:

Exactly. So maybe you shouldn’t be so judgmental on those that do wear (FTR I don’t wear, but I don’t know why it’s your business about those that do.) And mostly people do it in a beautiful refined natural way, not the drag Queen look you must be envisioning.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:00 am
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:

What in the world do lashes have to do with aseres yimei teshuva??? I wear semi permanent lashes always because I had a health situation and lost my lashes (*no hugs please*)
It is the only way I can go out looking normal.
In fact, because I do lashes I *never* need to use eye makeup.
So please dear bored tsnius police, step off your soap box

zaq

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 12:23 pm
If by common you mean tacky and déclassé, I’d say fake lashes are very much so. The only way to make them remotely appropriate is to buy the skimpiest one and cut off about 90% or apply individual lashes after cutting about 2/3 of the length.

JMHO of course.

scruffy

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 12:31 pm
I have Ardell natural #110 lashes. You can buy a multipack and they're pretty cheap. I cut off about 1/4 of the length to fit my eye. Make sure to curl your own lashes before and apply a light amount of mascara so they blend together.

I'll wear to weddings of close friends/ family, I don't think lashes look appropriate for everyday.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 12:46 pm
I've posted these earlier in the thread
https://www.kissusa.com/lashes.....ck-02

They look extremely natural (they go underneath your eyelashes) I asked a few people and no one noticed that I was wearing fake lashes, just looked like really good mascara.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:15 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I know a lot of people that go with perfect nails (I don’t understand it because their nails are very long but I’m not here to judge). The type that always must have their nails done.

I’d love to be that type but alas I keep THM and my rav wont allow it. When I get a manicure straight after Mikvah my nails are so short it looks funny. DH wants to know why I always have a “yeshivish” manicure… Banging head Surprised (Hint: it’s because I go to the Mikvah darling.)

I don't do this or know much about it, but you could probably get short (but still longer than your real nails) artificial nails.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 1:19 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:

They look extremely natural (they go underneath your eyelashes) I asked a few people and no one noticed that I was wearing fake lashes, just looked like really good mascara.

Do these stay on nicely overnight? I want something that would hold well over a 2 day yt.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 1:21 pm
SuperWify wrote:
https://www.rodanandfields.com/shop/r-f-lash-boost/p/ENHLSH01

I've been looking into this and contemplating buying it. Is it wirth the money? how long does the bottle last? And do you need to reapply forever?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 2:16 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Do these stay on nicely overnight? I want something that would hold well over a 2 day yt.

I wore them Rosh Hashanah and they lasted well

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 2:23 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
I don't do this or know much about it, but you could probably get short (but still longer than your real nails) artificial nails.

Ha. So funny. I was just discussing this irl and someone recommended it. I’m going to try it next.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I've been looking into this and contemplating buying it. Is it wirth the money? how long does the bottle last? And do you need to reapply forever?

It lasts 3-4 months (but I have mine 7 months- I don’t apply religiously). Yes, it’s not permanent unfortunately. Get from someone who sells and is able to get to you a discount.

superwomanA1

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 5:48 pm
My daughter is a lash artist.
Proffesionally applied lashes are different than the ones one can purchase anywhere and glue on- those usualy come in ' tufts' or strips, typically the ones makeup artists might put on.

The proffesional ones are applied each hair individualy, with a strong glue and come in many different thicknesses and lengths. It is not advised to pull them off it could tear the lash out with it. If they are put on by an expereinced qualified lash artist, they do not fall off so easily on their own. After several weeks when the natural lash has grown a few mm, it naturaly starts protruding too much and because of the friction and movement , starts to come off.

Choosing the right set gives the desired outcome from beautiful natural looking so that no mascara is needed, to chap drag queen look.

It takes well over an hour to apply and can last a good month and more depending if they are regularly brushed and not made wet. Doing infills when they get sparse is more cost effective than waiting till they all go and then starting again with a full set.

There are some Rabanim that do allow for a full set to be considered not a chatsisa especialy if they are constantly maintained. Many do not matir it.
(Iv e had it done several times and worked out to do it just after Mikva, as I knew I wouldnt be maintaining it that well even if my dh can do it for me)

amother
Apple

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 6:49 pm
A couple of people mentioned not getting them wet so they’ll stay on longer. How do you do that? Don’t you shower and/or wash your face every day? Just wondering how this works

nicole81

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 10:10 pm
This came up as a related thread to my last post so I figured I'd update with my newest favorite product.

I started using the ardell duralash knot free individual lashes. For an everyday look, I use a mix of the medium and small staggered, with semi permanent lash glue. I only need to use about 10 on each eye and it's super quick, and it just looks like regular great lashes with lancome cils and good mascara. Basically, it saves me time in my makeup routine trying to build up my short light lashes. It lasts a week for me, after which they're still on but they start looking not as good.

For the person above questioning not getting them wet, it's pretty simple. I wash my face twice a day but don't let the face wash touch the bottom of my eyelids. I use a wet washcloth very gently to wash the cleanser off or cup the water in my hand and gently rinse my face. If you look straight down, you can rinse your forehead without the water running. I use a q-tip to work around the lashes to remove any makeup residue. When showering, I lean back to wash the shampoo out of my hair. I have no clue to what extent this helps lash longevity, if at all, since I only wear mine for a week.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 8:53 am
Fake lashes are very common...if by "common" you mean declasse. Just MHO.

DustyDiamonds

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 8:58 am
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:

Jungle green, I bought a set and could not get it to stay in, so I just ordered another set to try one more time! I wish someone would give private lessons, I must be doing something wrong. And I also wish they were shorter, can you use this technique with other brands of individual lashes that are available in shorter lengths?

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 9:03 am
I believe it was superwify who posted this but there is a serum? that you can put on your eyelashes every night that help them grow. I've been doing it and it's a slow process but I really do think my eyelashes look much better without putting on any mascara or fake eyelashes. I do find that sometimes they annoy my eyes a little bit but ( I think particularly if I rub my eyes but you are really supposed to put it on at night before bed) nothing that I'm so concerned about though. Just throwing it out there.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics