Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What should we eat today to prep for the fast

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:32 am
Are we supposed to drink a lot of juice today? I’m on a diet and I don’t know if ti eat and drink a lot today.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:37 am
I’m eating high fat, moderate protein, zero carbs and adding lots of salt to keep me hydrated. I don’t eat strong tasting foods like garlic or raw onion or herring for example. Otheise, the fatter the better for fasting in my opinion.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:33 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I’m eating high fat, moderate protein, zero carbs and adding lots of salt to keep me hydrated. I don’t eat strong tasting foods like garlic or raw onion or herring for example. Otheise, the fatter the better for fasting in my opinion.

Are you starting this diet today?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are we supposed to drink a lot of juice today? I’m on a diet and I don’t know if ti eat and drink a lot today.

High sugar is not good so no need for juice.
Drink plenty of water. Plenty.
Eat 2 proteins and 2 starches at the meal with fruits and veggies instead of your usual 1 protein and 1 starch with veggies.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:33 pm
Our family motto:
WHATEVER HAPPENS, DON'T STOP EATING!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:35 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Our family motto:
WHATEVER HAPPENS, DON'T STOP EATING!

Lol I used to think this way. Stopped that over a decade ago. I no longer go into the fast feeling sick. No more Gatorade either, it makes me feel thirsty and yucky.

lora

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:40 pm
water, coconut milk/water, protein, carbs and fiber.
not to much sugar as that causes the blood sugar to drop more drastically when you start fasting and will just make you feel hungry sooner.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 4:48 pm
I used to make kreplach that was so heavy that nobody noticed the fast until Neilah but we were practically doubled over during Kol Nidrei.
Honestly, if it was up to me I would eat non -stop all day but I do go to the mikveh and my son in law likes the family to visit the Ohel.
Those Ohel cookies don't leave the stomach for a day or two.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you starting this diet today?

I’ve been eating this way and intermittent fasting for over two years. But it’s much easier for me to fast since I started eating this way.

cozyblanket

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:17 am
andrea levy wrote:

Bumping this bc I'm planning for erev yk.

Andrea, can you give examples of good high fat things to eat the day before the fast? Our main protein at the meal is going to be chicken.. what should we be adding?

dankbar

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:19 am
Avocado

cozyblanket

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:23 am
dankbar wrote:
Avocado

Oh, good. I already have that on the menu.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note