Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kitchen pantry/microwave shelf- inexpensive

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:34 am
I'm looking to buy a closed kitchen pantry that can also serve as like an island that I can put a microwave on. However, I'm sort of on a kollel budget. All the ones I've seen on Amazon, Ikea, Wayfair have been pretty much way over $200. Do you think there's a way to find a cheaper one? Any ideas of other stores that would have such a thing for cheaper?

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:47 am
Apologies if I'm not understanding what you mean-if you want something to mount your microwave on, why don't you just buy any regular shelf and attach it to your wall? As long as you make sure it's wide enough to fit the microwave, it only costs a few dollars.
If you're after a full cupboard, I would have thought you want it to match to the rest of your kitchen. My only suggestion to that would be to look at the ikea pax. I know it's officially a wardrobe but you can choose what shelves you want to put in, what size/depth it is and it's a very versatile storage cupboard. I bought mine in natural wood color which I think looks much nicer than the white.
My last comment would be that although you don't have the money (and I know what that's like), sometimes it doesn't work out worth it to buy cheaply, compromise on what you want and end up having to replace within the year. You might be able to find second hand on ebay/craiglist, or if you have a local whatsapp for giving away furniture.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:50 am
I got a cupboard from wayfair. I had a handyman drill a small hole into one shelf for the wires.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics