Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Zumba for beginners

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 5:48 pm
There’s a group forming in my area. I’d love to join but I’ve never done it before. I have worked out (cardio, pilates, etc) I know it’s different but plz explain? I know it’s dances: so will she be teaching step by step? Does each song have its own dance? Also how much of a workout is it besides for fun?

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 6:00 pm
Great workout. They teach step by step and a lot of the moves get repeated throughout the song. Each song has different moves. try it- it’s so much fun!

Reality

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 6:06 pm
A zumba instructor who follows official zumba protocols doesn't teach the steps. They are supposed to be easy and repetitive enough that you catch on.

The first few zumba classes you go to you won't get an amazing workout because you will be focusing on learning the steps and you will be missing some stuff as well because it's impossible to get everything right away.

Once you learn you will have a fabulous workout and if you stick with it amazing abs!

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 6:26 pm
Reality wrote:
A zumba instructor who follows official zumba protocols doesn't teach the steps. They are supposed to be easy and repetitive enough that you catch on.

The first few zumba classes you go to you won't get an amazing workout because you will be focusing on learning the steps and you will be missing some stuff as well because it's impossible to get everything right away.

Once you learn you will have a fabulous workout and if you stick with it amazing abs!

Correct. When I wrote “teach” I should have written that they do the steps slowly so audience can catch on. There’s not so much actual teaching. And great point about the first few lessons being less of a workout.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 6:35 pm
Is it in Brooklyn ?

amother
Tealblue

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 3:07 pm
I LOVE Zumba.
I talk about it all the time in real life that is why I am annon.
I agree with the above. Just focus on learning the steps in the beginning.
you will catch on just give it some time. There is a lot of repetition.
It is the most fun! Don't give up!!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 3:29 pm
traditiona zumba is not taught step by step but your teacher will probably do what works for her. it's not so bad just to mimic her and everyone else but it's not my favorite.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 5:36 pm
Where is there a good zumba class in Brooklyn ?

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 5:53 pm
Yes. Where is it located and who do I contact to sign up?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise