Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
S/o do you know anyone who made wedding requiring covid test

Do you know anyone who asked for covid tests of wedding guests in US, recently?
yes  
 20%  [ 15 ]
no  
 80%  [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 75

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:39 pm
from their guests, in the US, recently? Was their wedding small? Do you think it would be weird to require this of wedding guests?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:46 pm
No, but I went to a chassunah several months ago where they took people's temperatures at the door.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:47 pm
If only. Many people's grandparents could still have been alive R"L.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 10:00 pm
I know someone who said either vaccinated or covid test. Either someone didn't listen or someone vaccinated was carrying covid because the chosson and kallah, their closest friends, and her immediately family, all caught COVID at the wedding.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 10:44 pm
Yes my sister’s wedding

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 10:46 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Yes my sister’s wedding
How many people from the guest list ended up coming?

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 10:47 pm
No

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 11:07 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
No, but I went to a chassunah several months ago where they took people's temperatures at the door.

This is so pointless since so many people who have covid don’t have fever and if someone’s running a fever they (hopefully!) wouldn’t go to a wedding. If they’re stupid enough to go to a wedding with fever they’d probably take Tylenol beforehand to knock it down. I wonder if any of these temp checks in halls, restaurants, malls etc ever caught anyone with fever.
I do think it’s smart to ask for negative covid tests from wedding guests.

challahchallah

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 11:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
from their guests, in the US, recently? Was their wedding small? Do you think it would be weird to require this of wedding guests?

Yes. I didn’t go, but my close friend’s brother got married last weekend and required all guests be fully vaccinated and take one of the rapid tests the day of the wedding. I think it was 100ish people.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 12:13 am
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:

This is an assumption that you can say every time you walk out between people, about any virus or sickness.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:46 am
I wish. I attended a simcha not long ago where there were zero precautions or restrictions beyond a request that unvaxed guests wear a mask. If one person in twenty wore a mask it was a lot. Several of the baalei hasimcha were later hospitalized with Covid and one died R”L.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 5:09 am
Yes. At my friend's wedding they had nurses administer rapid tests at entry. High end wedding approx 250 ppl

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 8:00 am
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:
Yes. At my friend's wedding they had nurses administer rapid tests at entry. High end wedding approx 250 ppl

I think this is so much better than temp checks. I didn’t know they already have rapid covid tests.

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 8:02 am
My wedding Smile

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 8:11 am
My wedding we required vaxed,
A wedding we went to a week later had rapid tests at the door

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 10:10 am
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:

If only people would require all wedding guests to come by foot, so that nobody would die in an automobile accident, chas veshalom.

If only weddings would only serve healthy food, so that nobody would suffer obesity, heart problems, high cholesterol, or diabetes, chas veshalom.

If only weddings would not have alcohol or would limit everyone's alcohol intake to 1 glass of wine, so that no one could do potential damage to his liver, chas veshalom.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 12:40 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
I think this is so much better than temp checks. I didn’t know they already have rapid covid tests.

The rapids are notoriously inaccurate.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 9:08 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
My wedding Smile
How many people ended up coming out of the total?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics