Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Preparing for 3 under 3

multitaskingmom

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:21 pm
I'm iyH expecting my third in a couple of months and I'm looking for any pointers or if anyone can share their experiences about that stage.

Right now k"ah I have a 2 1/2 and a 1 year old.

Thanks!

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:35 pm
My Daughter did it - had a newborn, 14 month (1) and 26 month (2).

And neither grandparents lived in lakewood to help.

And her husband didn't get home till after 7.

My DD works in a Daycare, and hired a girl to help with the kids for a couple of hours in the evening.

I strongly recommend you do the same!

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:40 pm
Bshaa tova! BH such a bracha!

Dont know if I can help, cuz still trying to appreciate this stage and stay afloat but will share my thoughts. My oldest just turned 3 and youngest is almost 6 months with a turning terrible two yo in the middle. I try my best to remember this is a bracha because yes it can get very hectic at times. I DO NOT care at all about mess in my apartment, try to stay calm and let most things fly. I accept help.
I try to take others advice and enjoy the moment, but not always successful and I try my best not to be so hard on myself when we dont have fresh dinner every night and my kids skip a bath for more than one night in a row. When my kids go to sleep at night (BH they were in bed by 7:15 tonight), sometimes I do nothing but scroll through imamother posts and I let myself do that because I am tired. Sometimes I take advantage of this time and am otherwise productive. your choice.
I will not sugar coat it and tell you it's easy (sorry) but my kids are adorable, keep me on my toes and most of all try my best to remember this is a major bracha.

Hope this is helpful, if not ignore me.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:42 pm
And I just noticed my name on this thread is cappuccino- because coffee gets me through the day Smile

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:49 pm
Some threads that might have useful advice or tips:

Two Under Two: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....70351
How Do You Do It?: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....81383

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 9:56 pm
My daughter who had four kids in four years had an easier time
during the lockdown when there were no schools,

then my DIL who had 2 kids, 4.5 years apart. - My 6.5 year old grandson
was going out of his mind with boredom with just a 2 y.o. sister for "company".

While my daughter had a mini playgroup with a 5.5 y.o., 4.5 y.o. 3.5 y.o. and 1.5 y.o.

Her kids entertained each other - the 5 y.o. oldest was the "morah" for the other kids,
and they davened, made "projects" and got stickers from the 5 y.o. morah.

ImmaBubby

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 10:09 pm
BH had our third just as the oldest turned 3, then our 4th a year and a half later.
Focus on the bracha, not what your house looks like.
Ignore all the well-meaning people who inquire about your using BC.

multitaskingmom

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 10:19 pm
Cappuccino - thanks for sharing! And for the record, fish sticks count as a fresh supper. As does anything made less than 3 days ago.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 10:21 pm
This past Thursday nights dinner lol- fish is a protein

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 10:22 pm
Cleaning help if possible.

Eisheschayil123

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 10:54 pm
I had a 3 year old, 2 year old and a newborn. I had no parents nearby, but I managed with an almost full time babysitter. Bh they are close and close siblings as adults!

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 11:23 pm
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
Bshaa tova! BH such a bracha!

Dont know if I can help, cuz still trying to appreciate this stage and stay afloat but will share my thoughts. My oldest just turned 3 and youngest is almost 6 months with a turning terrible two yo in the middle. I try my best to remember this is a bracha because yes it can get very hectic at times. I DO NOT care at all about mess in my apartment, try to stay calm and let most things fly. I accept help.
I try to take others advice and enjoy the moment, but not always successful and I try my best not to be so hard on myself when we dont have fresh dinner every night and my kids skip a bath for more than one night in a row. When my kids go to sleep at night (BH they were in bed by 7:15 tonight), sometimes I do nothing but scroll through imamother posts and I let myself do that because I am tired. Sometimes I take advantage of this time and am otherwise productive. your choice.
I will not sugar coat it and tell you it's easy (sorry) but my kids are adorable, keep me on my toes and most of all try my best to remember this is a major bracha.

Hope this is helpful, if not ignore me.

Cappuccino you said it all! Same situation here and yes won't sugarcoat it is hard. The hardest part which hopefully you'll have an easier time with is just letting go of some standards at this stage. Just make sure to get as much help as possible lower your standards, self-care, and talk to Hashem in your own words "please give me the strength to get through this hour."

multitaskingmom

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 11:50 pm
Leaf, thank you for those links! That's just what I was looking for.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics