Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My toddler claims she’s full after a couple of bites

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 12:47 am
Only to yell a few minutes later “I’m so hungry”. And it’s a viscous cycle all day long.

Help

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 1:39 am
Because you play the game with her. You allow her to come back and feed her every five minutes.

If she knew that after she left dinner there was no more food for the evening, she’d eat a lot better.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 1:51 am
Tell her in advance how many spoons she will need to eat, and count them with her.
Don't let her leave the table until she is done.
If she wants more later, she can always have more, but you need to know you fed her properly before she left the table.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 22 2021, 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 1:55 am
As a former toddler, I still do that sometimes. Or rather, my stomach does it. I eat a little bit and get temporarily full, and then I'm hungry again a few minutes later.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 2:03 am
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
As a former toddler, I still do that sometimes. Or rather, my stomach does it. I eat a little bit and get temporarily full, and then I'm hungry again a few minutes later.

I think this is her issue. But I don’t know what to do Banging head . Waiting for GI appointment, because sometimes she’ll say I can’t eat , I’m full. My tummy hurts.

What do you do other than eating every 5 minutes?

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 2:06 am
I just kind of cluster feed. I eat each meal spread out with breaks.

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 2:17 am
Is she hungry when she first starts eating? If you're just feeding her because it's mealtime, I'd wait until she asks for food.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 2:58 am
Can you leave her food out where she can reach it herself, and let her eat however much she wants when she is hungry?

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 3:01 am
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
Can you leave her food out where she can reach it herself, and let her eat however much she wants when she is hungry?

This - if it's actually an issue with her stomach than best would be having rules that food can only be eaten by the table, and having food accessible there where she can go and get and eat herself.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 7:51 am
Set a timer.
Say she needs to eat during the timer. Once the timer goes off, there is no more food. Don't give her more food.
She'll learn to eat in one sitting in a few days.
And when she does eat nicely, give her a desert like a cup of juice or applesauce.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics