Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Pyrography (wood burning) article in Binah

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:15 am
I've never heard about wood burning before and just saw the Binah article about it... I thought it looks really nice and also doable. Wondering if anyone else did or or planning to do it? Would love to hear how it went...

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:18 am
I saw it. Looks really cool.

I don't know if we'll have time for such a project at this point.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:42 am
I don't get Binah so I don't know if that's what it was about, but if it's using a wood burning pen, I used one quite a while ago. It is really cool and fun to use if you're careful! I'd love to play with it more.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:48 am
I bought a wood burning pen, and for my sons Upsherin I burned his name into bamboo plates. It looked beautiful.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I don't get Binah so I don't know if that's what it was about, but if it's using a wood burning pen, I used one quite a while ago. It is really cool and fun to use if you're careful! I'd love to play with it more.

Yup, it's using a wood burning pen. Can you please let me know what exactly I need to be careful with?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I bought a wood burning pen, and for my sons Upsherin I burned his name into bamboo plates. It looked beautiful.

Love the idea!!

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 11:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yup, it's using a wood burning pen. Can you please let me know what exactly I need to be careful with?

It can cause serious burns and you should wear a protective mask while doing it. I didn’t read the article but I’d be shocked if they didn’t write that.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 11:42 am
amother [ Banana ] wrote:
It can cause serious burns and you should wear a protective mask while doing it. I didn’t read the article but I’d be shocked if they didn’t write that.

I didn't know about the mask, but I did know about the burns. It's not something I'd be comfortable using with my younger kids around.

Siriusly?

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 11:50 am
I didn't read the article, but wood burning can be easy and fun (with a pen or with an ammonium chloride solution), but as others have mentioned you've got to be really careful, and I wouldn't let young children do it (or get too close).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics