Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Cream cheese spread

blessedflower

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 3:17 pm
I found a recipe that needs cream cheese spread, after I couldn't find any brick cream cheese here. I really want it to succeed. It has to be at least full fat (don't know what it means only that what the recipe says). What type of cheese is it in israel? Napoleon cheese is the same as cream cheese spread?

Success10

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 3:36 pm
Napoleon is pretty close to a US style spreadable cream cheese. They do have imported American cream cheeses here, most are not Chalav Yisroel, but there might be some CY options as well.

If this is about cheesecake, you'll have to come to terms with the fact that cheesecake here has a lighter, fluffier texture. Ein mah laasot.

blessedflower

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 5:52 pm
It's not for cheesecake. I want to make cream cheese frosting to decorate a cake

banana123

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 6:18 pm
Tofutti?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 6:21 pm
Where do you live? If you're in the anglo areas there is b&d cream cheese, the small containers are like the block and the larger ones are whipped. Osher ad also sells something from the gad company I think that is comparable.

Tof Umachol

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 6:24 pm
Two good options are:

1. Tnuva's "Napoleon" cheese - make sure you get the kind that's about 25% fat, not the reduced fat Napoleon.

2. Gad's "New York" cheese - also comes in a reduced fat version, so make sure to get the one that's close to 30% fat (I don't remember exactly, 30%, 28%, 25%?).

B'hatzlacha!
Let us know how it comes out.

essie14

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 11:59 pm
I would also recommend Napoleon.
This is what it looks like.
https://images.app.goo.gl/2kRhrbZhyh8sYoQW6
Good luck!

Teomima

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 4:43 am
Another vote for Napoleon. The full fat gold package. Definitely works for frosting. And better tasting than any of the other Israeli cream cheeses, with one exception: There's a brand I sometimes find at Osher Ad, I don't know the name but it comes in a white tub with a blue lid (not Gad) I think. Their full fat plain cream cheese is my favorite local option.
ETA, found a picture of the brand:
https://gcimages.mysupermarket.....68786
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions