Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Am I crazy??
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 7:51 pm
mc wrote:
I have a child with multiple food allergies, so I totally understand how hard it is. That said, I think that you need to talk to an allergist about an allergy plan. In our case (and pretty sure this is standard protocol) multiple times throwing up would warrant using an epi-pen immediately.

I have a plan about when to use the epipen. Iirc its supposed to affect two different parts/organs.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 7:55 pm
The allergist confirmed he is allergic to dairy?

I have a dc with allergies who is allergic to many things but is only very sensitive to milk, and gets eczema, but can handle yogurt and cheese. So personally I do test this out on my dc, because this has been my family’s experience.

I also tested eggs plain (dc is allergic) vs in a kugel or cake (not allergic).

mc

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 8:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a plan about when to use the epipen. Iirc its supposed to affect two different parts/organs.

https://www.foodallergy.org/li.....-plan

Check with your allergist, but pretty sure it's mild symptoms from two systems or severe symptoms from one. Recently, had to use epi-pens and call ambulance.. didn't start off "severe" and debated using epi-pens, but escalated quickly :-(

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 9:03 pm
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
The allergist confirmed he is allergic to dairy?

I have a dc with allergies who is allergic to many things but is only very sensitive to milk, and gets eczema, but can handle yogurt and cheese. So personally I do test this out on my dc, because this has been my family’s experience.

I also tested eggs plain (dc is allergic) vs in a kugel or cake (not allergic).
[b]

Yes. And he said it's by far the worst one.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 9:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
[b]

Yes. And he said it's by far the worst one.

Then you live and learn. Try to be very cautious about this.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 9:24 pm
You can get a garbage can with a lock like this https://www.amazon.com/HEFTY-T.....=8-35

also never let anyone eat what he is allergic to in front of him. its really hard, I know.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 9:28 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
You can get a garbage can with a lock like this https://www.amazon.com/HEFTY-T.....=8-35

also never let anyone eat what he is allergic to in front of him. its really hard, I know.

He is going through a stage now where he wants to sit on the my lap all the time. Or be held. He also doesnt talk at all so he is very frustrated. He points and pulls me and clings to me.
Usually he isn't interested in what anyone else is eating since he has food avoidance. The fact that he wanted the chocolate was out of character for him.

I can buy a garbage with a lock. I also have to tell my other little kids to be more careful with discarding their yogurts, or stop bringing dairy into the house altogether.

EtA: I actually have a garbage can like this made by Simple Human. But we dont usually keep it locked.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics