Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Pregnant and fasting on Yom Kippur
Previous  1  2

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 2:25 pm
People relax.

Unless your are already at risk for preterm labor. Your changes of having a preemie are almost non existent

If your body is already ready for labor fasting “might” do it.

wifenmother

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 11:00 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
People relax.

Unless your are already at risk for preterm labor. Your changes of having a preemie are almost non existent

If your body is already ready for labor fasting “might” do it.

I'm with you! My ds was due erev Sukkos 12 years ago. Fasting was totally fine and even went overdue into chol hamoed. I was 36 weeks two years ago... fasted ok and delivered one day 'early'.

Just relax! The Torah doesn't command us to do something unsafe!

amother
Heather

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 11:40 pm
All those who are saying you won’t go into preterm labor ummm life isn’t as simple as that. Fasting can cause preterm labor and please talk to your doctor and Rav so you are guided appropriately.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 11:41 pm
ya I agree. it's a warranted concern for some..

Roots

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 12:26 am
momsrus wrote:
so it did put you into labor

I was week 41+2 I was way overdue as it is..
it didnt put me into labor I fasted fine and slept the night without any contractions watsoever

imaima

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 12:41 am
I literally don‘t get this thread and many others.
How can anyone in their right mind tell another person they will be fine!!
First of all we don‘t if they will.
Second of all, you have to know what exactly is not allowed. I was never told to just fast as usual except for my first pg where I was staying in bed in a room next tp shul and could consult a rav on the spot. In all subsequent cases I was allowed shiurim right away.

Rabbonim know better what exactly it says in the Torah. OP didn‘t give enough info for anyone of us comfortably say you will be fine.
Dehydration causes clntractions and OP may end up going into labor exhausted from fast.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:12 am
I'm 38 weeks and freaking out. I'm a bad faster as it is. I'm doing Rorie's famous electrolyte drink 3 days before the fast + a gallon of water a day. I hired help the whole day so I can lie in bed (I have 4 other children under 10 including a 1 year old).

My rav said no shiurim unless I have contractions, bleeding, or extreme dizziness that doesn't go away when lying down for a while.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note