Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Little boys in public bathrooms
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:17 am
I’m always so nervous when my 6 year old goes into a public restroom. What if someone molests him or hurts him in there? Of course I have spoken to him about keeping his body private but I still worry so much every time. He knows to use the stalls and not the urinals (which are probably too big for him anyway). Am I being paranoid?

Just One

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:21 am
I wouldn't leave my six year old alone in a public bathroom (except in school obviously). I take him with me to womens

Zehava

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m always so nervous when my 6 year old goes into a public restroom. What if someone molests him or hurts him in there? Of course I have spoken to him about keeping his body private but I still worry so much every time. He knows to use the stalls and not the urinals (which are probably too big for him anyway). Am I being paranoid?

Take him with you to the ladies or use a family bathroom. I don’t send little kids in by themselves.

Teomima

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:24 am
Zehava wrote:
Take him with you to the ladies or use a family bathroom. I don’t send little kids in by themselves.

This

exaustedmom

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:24 am
I take my boys in the women's bathroom when they are young. Never ever send them in to a public bathroom by themselves.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:25 am
Op, why not take him into the lady's room with you? He is not too old to still do that.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:26 am
Take your young kids with you! Never ever send a young child to a public restroom alone. By now, most places have family restrooms. If not, take him with you to the women's restrooms.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:36 am
At 6 he can and should still go with you into the ladies room.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:40 am
OP this is an odd question. Of course you take a 6 year old boy with you!

meme6

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:42 am
Zehava wrote:

This

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:43 am
If my six year old is with my 11 year old I send them together. If it’s just me and him he goes to the women’s room. This is also the kind of kid who doesn’t like strangers and would fight back. I still won’t take a chance.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:21 am
I’ve seen preschool age boys go in to the women’s room but never grade school. Up to what age would you bring in your son into the women’s bathroom?

amother
Freesia

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:26 am
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
OP this is an odd question. Of course you take a 6 year old boy with you!

Just answer the question.

No need to be rude

Blessing1

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’ve seen preschool age boys go in to the women’s room but never grade school. Up to what age would you bring in your son into the women’s bathroom?

At least till 8.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Maybe 8 or 9. It's definitely a hard situation. I used to do the same thing until I realized it really isn't safe. My family is also all tall and the kids look older than they are.

icebreaker

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:37 am
My son still came into the bathroom with me at 6 years old. I think that’s still too young to go alone in public.

naomi2

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:37 am
I take my boys to the women's until I feel comfortable sending to the men's. I don't care if my son is 9 or 10 too bad if people care. If Grown Men who think they are women are allowed in the women's restroom, you better believe I'll take my young son with me.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:38 am
Zehava wrote:

This is a no brainer. I always took my little boys into the ladies room with me and stayed with them until they were done. They only went into to the male restroom if my DH took them.

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:17 am
I don't see an issue with taking a boy into the ladies' room.

There is nothing that is the equivalent of urinals in ladies' rooms as everyone goes into a stall so what you will see are women washing their hands and perhaps applying lipstick. Obviously you want to make sure that people know that the boy is with you and not some random boy who has wandered in.

Is your concern for the boy or the other women?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:49 am
Just please make sure that you wipe the seat well when he's done! Use a wet wipe to clean it off, not just a piece of toilet paper.

I hate going into women's bathrooms where there is tinkle all over the place. Confused
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics