Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
If you fasted with shiurim, what did you eat?
Previous  1  2

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:03 am
Liquid is measured differently it's supposed to be a little less than a cheek full. Each person is supposed to measure that on their own. Because each person's cheek full is different. Fill up your entire mouth with liquid, spit it into a measuring cup. A cheek full is half of that amount.a little less than that is what is permissable on yk. This should be figured out before the fast .

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:07 am
I was also told that the less than a shiur of liquid and food do not overlap. So you can eat your shiurim. Then drink your shiurim. And start the count for the next 9 minutes. Also meeting mind that the 9 minutes of kdei l'achilas pras also has different opinions. There are even opinions that can be as short as 4 or 2 minutes. My rav went through the halachos very thoroughly with me and I'm so grateful (my Rav is my dad!!)

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:22 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
How do you measure out food? If it fits in a 1 oz cup? Liquid seems simple but not sure what to do about foods

Yes, that’s what I was told to do- whatever fits into a 1oz shot cup, or if it’s something solid in a small package I’ll divide it into 1oz portions.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:24 am
GrowingUp wrote:
I did 1 oz cup of kashi go lean cereal every 9 minutes.
Also had 1 oz of Gatorade every 9 minutes.

I was told drink every 9 minutes and food every 13, so I just alternate, it’s easier for me to keep track…

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 4:42 pm
Bumping this up. I’m trying to figure out what foods to prepare that won’t make me nauseous.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 4:49 pm
I had a baby 5 days before (c/section) and basically drank shot glasses of OJ and ate ritz crackers with PB or cheese. I remember feeling so uncomfortable with the idea before YK but once I was actually doing the shiurim, it felt fine. Bh for my mom who kept track of the times.

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 5:43 pm
Naked juice, oj
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur