Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
When and how to discuss puberty and mensturation?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 5:39 pm
Hi I want to know WHEN AND HOW to explain puberty and mensturating etc....
specifically for girls, but I’d also like to know when to discuss these things with boys....

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 5:41 pm
Girls - latest at age 9 and earlier if you see signs of early maturation.

mha3484

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 5:43 pm
For boys at least mine who will be 11 in the winter knows all of the basics. He is very smart and a very deep thinker so as he has learned chumash and mishyanos and gemara he has asked us a lot of questions and we have answered them.

s1

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 6:14 pm
The confident kallah on Instagram has a new course out about talking to girls about puberty etc

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 2:30 am
Ok thx

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 4:49 am
At age 10 I read The Wonder of Becoming You with them. It doesn’t cover much, but it’s good to get the conversation going. I’ve lingered with them in the grocery store so they would understand the different products and how to read the packages. Wit the conversation open now we occasionally come back to it. There are many aspects. It’s not just the period. I know people who did not talk to their daughters about their period and only discussed it when it came. They were fine.
Look at your family history. No one in my family got their period before 12, most after 13. I could have waited a year to tell my girls, but I want them to hear from me. I also want them to understand that their friends may be mean at times due to hormones, rather than bad middos.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 12:56 pm
My mom and my siblings all got period at age 13+. I got my period at barely 11 and I was so thankful that mom told me at age 9. It was good to get the heads up when I knew that it was likely not imminent so by the time I got it I was very ready and not something my mom told me about last week. Don’t base it on when sibs got it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics