Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Brooklyners- are you a Brooklyn driver?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:33 pm
How do you have patience driving through Boro park and Flatbush? I can't handle it and end up beeping non stop for cars to move

bsy

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:33 pm
I have a hard time with it, honestly

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:34 pm
LOL, you’re one of those! I always wonder who is bothering to do all the beeping. I’m not a very patient driver myself, and I really hate driving in BP.

hodeez

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:35 pm
I just got my license and I'm already jaded 😅

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:38 pm
Gotta know which streets and avenues to use and timing when which schools dismiss their kids so if u know u can avoid most traffic jams. And before yomtov just gotta go with the flow

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:49 pm
Yup but there is no use in beeping.
Always think it’s silly when cars beep, tons of traffic doesn’t mean that someone is doing something wrong to hold it up, I don’t get how beeping helps.

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:04 pm
Stop beeping! It doesn’t help and just makes everyone more nervous.

bsy

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:08 pm
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
Yup but there is no use in beeping.
Always think it’s silly when cars beep, tons of traffic doesn’t mean that someone is doing something wrong to hold it up, I don’t get how beeping helps.

That is true....sometimes. other times, people dont know how to drive. For example, if you want to make a left turn and can't because of oncoming traffic, move up into the intersection so the cars behind you can go around you and you dont hold up the whole Avenue until the light turns red.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:15 pm
bsy wrote:
That is true....sometimes. other times, people dont know how to drive. For example, if you want to make a left turn and can't because of oncoming traffic, move up into the intersection so the cars behind you can go around you and you dont hold up the whole Avenue until the light turns red.

Yes just move up also other times I beep because someone is trying to figure out if they shd turn onto 13th ave or continue down the street while holding up busses and cars backed up all the way by 12 ave. Just drive pleaseeee

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:28 pm
I was on the phone with dh before. He was walking ( we don't own a car ) and he heard all the beeping and traffic and he said it's just easier to walk at times like these

mom_13

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:02 pm
I beep because for the love of God can you not look at your phone during a red light? By the time you remind yourself to look up the light has already been green for a good minute. And idk about the rest of the population, but driving in bp is never for leisure. I just wanna cross everything off my list and go home so concentrate at the light!
The angst!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:06 pm
bsy wrote:

True! So annoying

octopus

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:11 pm
I beep for danger. I will also beep if the car in front of me is sitting through half of a green light doing who knows what but not moving. Please don't be a beeper if the light just turned green and I didn't get a chance to move yet. That is so annoying and I will move slower if you do that.

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:13 pm
I am driving for close to 17 years in Brooklyn. My father ingrained in me not to honk. Usually no point.. I do honk here and there on occasion when I feel it's necessary. Often, my kids tell me to honk but I try to distract them with stories, music, odd sights out the window. It's annoying that my 5 year old thinks he knows how to drive. He tells me to drive faster, push down pedal, and he starts to get mad when I get stuck at a red light. And he tells me when to honk!!
Thank Hashem for bright kids... Lol

happy chick

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:14 pm
How about getting stuck behind a grbage truck on a single lane one-way street?
I was once on my way home from a wedding after midnight and got stuck behind a truck on one of those darn single lane one-way street, checking every street light 🙄

bsy

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:15 pm
I also beep at ppl crossing the street into oncoming traffic. they have a red light but walk anyway. Or people who push their strollers into the street while waiting for the light

octopus

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:17 pm
happy chick wrote:
How about getting stuck behind a grbage truck on a single lane one-way street?
I was once on my way home from a wedding after midnight and got stuck behind a truck on one of those darn single lane one-way street, checking every street light 🙄

That is very annoying, but beeping isn't going to make the garbage truck move faster.

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:19 pm
I very rarely honk. It literally serves no purpose. I only honk if there is danger like a pedestrian crossing against the light

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:41 pm
I listen to podcasts when driving through bp/flatbush, or other high-traffic places.
Keeps my blood pressure stable.

nicole81

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:22 am
bsy wrote:

I encounter this on average 3 times a week. I'm that person who will sit on my horn until they turn. My hope is that one day, just maybe, they'll think "hey, there always seems to be so much honking whenever I make a left turn... ohhhhhhhhh..." I probably hope in vain though.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries