Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Which one describes you?

Choose one
I have COVID antibodies and I just want to move on with my life  
 39%  [ 40 ]
I have COVID antibodies and I still feel the need to discuss COVID endlessly  
 1%  [ 2 ]
I’m vaccinated and I just want to move on with my life  
 41%  [ 42 ]
I’m vaccinated and I still feel the need to discuss COVID endlessly  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Never had COVID, not vaccinated, just want to move on with my lufe  
 13%  [ 14 ]
Never had COVID, not vaccinated, and I still feel the need to discuss COVID endlessly  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 102

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:45 pm
Which one describes you?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:53 pm
I would say that for the most part, I live the same way that I did before the pandemic. I had both the virus and the vaccine. IRL, most people mention it but it's not the only topic of discussion.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:11 pm
Oops, I meant to choose the first option, but realized I pressed on wrong one...
Is there a way to change it?

imasinger

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:38 pm
How nuanced is this poll?

Either a person only wants to "discuss Covid endlessly", or they want to "move on with their lives"?

Since almost everyone wants to talk about a variety of things, moving on might mean anything from never saying the "C" word, to talking a lot about the topic when some aspect of it (percentage of local cases, rules about masks, vaccination, shutdown, quarantine, testing) affect them personally, but not otherwise.

But of course, the key is, how much do those matters impact them personally?

Perhaps that's really the question to poll.

TriAspora

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:46 pm
There is no option for me. I am vaccinated and don't discuss COVID-19 endlessly, but I can't just move on with my life either. My family and friends include elderly and vulnerable people. Additonally, from time to time there are new developments, research and statistics that make me seek expert opinions and change my decisions accordingly.

momof2+?

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:50 pm
Doesn’t everyone want to move on with their lives? I just wish it never existed. I’m sick of it. Don’t like all the ramifications and impacts on my life. Doesn’t mean I don’t be careful or care about infecting others....

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:00 am
TriAspora wrote:
There is no option for me. I am vaccinated and don't discuss COVID-19 endlessly, but I can't just move on with my life either. My family and friends include elderly and vulnerable people. Additonally, from time to time there are new developments, research and statistics that make me seek expert opinions and change my decisions accordingly.

Same here. Except I am vaccinated but also had covid before that and lost my antibodies within 6 months.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:14 am
I have antibodies and vaccinated and want to move on with my life, don't want to discuss COVID-19.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:27 am
TriAspora wrote:

I agree - but I do WANT to move on with my life and not discuss COVID-19 endlessly.

Whether or not it's possible to "move on with my life" at the moment wasn't the question asked in the poll. Smile The question was if that's what we'd like to be doing. So for me the answer is yes, that's what I'd like to be doing. When will it be possible? Well, that depends on if we can reach herd immunity.

And because this is imamother, I don't want to explain further, because I don't want to get into an argument. I believe you and I agree, though.

TriAspora

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 1:04 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
I agree - but I do WANT to move on with my life and not discuss COVID-19 endlessly.

Whether or not it's possible to "move on with my life" at the moment wasn't the question asked in the poll. Smile The question was if that's what we'd like to be doing. So for me the answer is yes, that's what I'd like to be doing. When will it be possible? Well, that depends on if we can reach herd immunity.

And because this is imamother, I don't want to explain further, because I don't want to get into an argument. I believe you and I agree, though.

We agree, but... Come to think of it, I don't want to "just move on" either. Obviously, I dream that the pandemic ends and we resume normal activities. However, I will eventually need time and energy to process, like after other tragic events (9/11 comes to mind). A lot of people died. Even more experienced losses, be it family, friends, health, livelihood, sanity or illusions... None of this pushes me into endless discussions, but I feel that living in COVID times has changed me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics