Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Entertaining kids during long plane trip

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 1:06 am
We have two flights with a layover in between, and kids ranging in age from 1-10.

I bought plastelina, bubbles, a workbooks, some card games. Which art supplies are easiest to transport and make the least mess? What else can I bring?

Specifically I am worried about the 1yo, because exploring on the floor isn't really an option on a plane or in an airport. I am also worried about the almost 3yo, who likewise will be either in a stroller or a seat most of the time, and it's really old enough to play real games.

The bigger kids can play games with each other, read, do puzzle books/ workbooks, it's less of an issue, but I would still appreciate good ideas for what to occupy them with.

I don't want anything that requires lots of set-up or mess or garbage. And everything needs to fit in their carry-on backpacks, that they will be carrying themselves.

ETA: The almost 3yo is the only one without ADHD, but recently copies some ADHD behaviors.

TBW

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 1:18 am
Washable markers and coloring books or even a blank notebook and tons of stickers (you can get the puffy ones or peal and stick wall ones too so you don't have to worry if the they don't all end up on the paper l, speaking from experience Smile)

Big beads and pipe cleaners
Finger puppets (not a craft though)
I also made this pom-pom game for my kids to take on the plane and they loved it

https://busytoddler.com/2015/09/pom-pom-push/

sweet

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 1:24 am
Tablets!

sweet

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 1:25 am
Theres a pop it book from melissa and doug that my 1.5 year played with too .

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 3:49 am
I year old is hard! We are flying 12 hours with a 14 months old. It's very challenging
Poppers, a roll or masking tape, but really baby just wants to play with the screen so I just let him.

For the older ones, sticker by number type books, Water wows, poppers, activity packets with mazes, crayons, etc in their knapsack and they bring a few playmobils
I also let them watch cartoons on the seat screen

6000miles

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 4:20 am
GOOD LUCK! Just flew with a 1 y old and a 3 y old 12-hour flight, I didn't want to get onto the plane coming home.

It was HARD. Even with all the toys and treats and what-not. I didnt have a moment for myself from leaving my house till arrived at my moms. (Every time I went to use restroom, 3 y old said he needs to make too. and he made EVERY time.)

Davening for u.........
Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 7:59 am
Will it be dark for any part of the trip? I buy a pack of those glow sticks that you crack to activate. They sell them in dollar tree and Walmart (probably target too.) They are fun to play with (make bracelets, links etc) and they also make a bit of light for babies that x like the dark.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics