Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is there a point

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:13 am
In locking politics forum before YK?

If this forum brings so much negativity, shaming and hatred (yes I’m using that word), why close it only now?
I’m just trying to understand the logic to just closing the forum, if in 48 hours were all right back at it.
If everyone tries to do better, then it’s a good cool off and renewal period, but we all know that’s not happening.
I understand this is a private website, so the owner makes the rules, but I want to understand the reasoning.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 8:49 am
The point is that today is the day to detach from the issues of the world and concentrate on the reason for the season.

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:03 am
I don’t think Yael feels in charge of our spirituality.
I thought it was just to calm the hostility here before YK. But then the question remains why only now?

singleagain

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:11 am
PM Yael directly. No one else here is a mind reader and she may not have discussed it with anyone.

monkeymamma

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:11 am
IMHopinion wrote:
In locking politics forum before YK?

If this forum brings so much negativity, shaming and hatred (yes I’m using that word), why close it only now?
I’m just trying to understand the logic to just closing the forum, if in 48 hours were all right back at it.
If everyone tries to do better, then it’s a good cool off and renewal period, but we all know that’s not happening.
I understand this is a private website, so the owner makes the rules, but I want to understand the reasoning.

Are you suggesting that Yael shut down the politics forum forever?

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 10:42 am
monkeymamma wrote:
Are you suggesting that Yael shut down the politics forum forever?

If it’s something that needs to be shut down Erev YK, then maybe it’s something that needs to be considered.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:14 pm
I joined imamother in the early years and I don't remember that politics as a forum was part of it. There were plenty of disagreements about other issues but if my memory is accurate, the purpose of the site was to discuss issues specific to being a frum married woman. Not that others didn't give birth, raise kids, cook, etc but there were frum aspects to this that we discussed. It also seems like there was a printable form for getting ready for Yom tov that included a place to check off purchases such as socks and white shirts. I don't know what happened to that.
Whatever! We could fight about the halachos regarding nail polish just as much as about politics but we were all still friends in the end.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics