Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Where can I buy a Seforim bookshelf not dangerous for kids?

rimon613

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:48 am
Where can I buy a Seforim Bookshelf that isn’t at a risk of falling on the kids and that my little kids can’t pull books off of them?

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:57 am
You screw the bookshelf into the wall.

Its called anchoring.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:59 am
Screwing it into the wall.

And buying a bookshelf with doors at the bottom for the first two shelves so that you can put a baby safe lock to prevent from opening.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:59 am
if you dont want kids oulling out seforim.get doors on the bookshelves. At least on the bottom half. then you can lock them.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 6:03 am
All bookshelves, regardless of the brand, should be heavily bolted to the walls. This is to keep kids safe, and in case you live somewhere prone to earthquakes.

Glass front book cases like the Ikea "Billy" system are very attractive and not to expensive. They can be permanently built in to look like they were made by a carpenter. Then you install safety locks on the glass door handles. I love the look of glass front cases, and you also don't have to dust the books all the time!

Mom/Bubby/Morah

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:14 am
You bolt them into the wall using L brackets on top. When he was small our DS used to climb it like a ladder. A Wink little Hardware probably saved his life!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 9:00 am
It's so interesting because my DIL found a way on Instagram to make Ikea bookcases look like built in with crown molding and of course they are bolted to the wall and ceiling but it looks like expensive bookcases.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars