Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Another "This years y"t schedule" Vent

6000miles

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:03 am
It's 8 am Friday morning. Erev Shabbos. Day after Yom Kippur. I have no energy whatsoever. How am I supposed to start cooking and cleaning now for shabbos? I have little kids, and nowhere to invite myself out to eat. Sigh. Just sitting on the couch browsing Imamother while my kids wreck the house further. I can't even start making a to-do list, my brain needs to recuperate from fasting. And thinking that right after shabbos I'll need to do it again?!

Thanks for listening Smile

ladYdI

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:31 am
When I cooked Wednesday I made enough to include shabbis as well. All I need to do is make chulent.

4g01o

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:37 am
It's very hard!,

Can you buy in some food if you don't have in the freezer?

I only need to make egg and cholent today bh and my cleaner is coming later but otherwise I feel so sick I don't know how I'll manage.

Hope it goes better than you think iyh. Feel better.

fbc

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:59 am
Take out of you need! I definitely do that when I'm really not feeling up to it!

And btw I have a close family member who says that cooking for pesach- even with all of the chometz restrictions and cleaning and turning over that has to happen beforehand- is so much easier for her than this time of year. Shabbos, Rosh Hashanah, shabbos, Yom kippur, shabbos, sukkos, shabbos chol hamoed, second days sukkos... It's a lot!!! So I totally get you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics