Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Fear Not, gentle Ami reader!
1  2  3  Next

wif

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:21 am
If you live in Israel, Ami magazine is delayed and won't hit stores until Monday morning. But it will be here before sukkos, so, hooray!

That is all. Carry on.

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 3:04 am
Can I just say here how I much I absolutely love the back page?
I don’t get the ami often- but you literally make my day when I do!

Oh, and I’m still cracking about your line of your husband a lawyer, you a SW asking people how the feel about being sued LOL Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter LOL Laugh

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 3:14 am
Another huge Dina Neuman fan!!!
Not such a Simcha Perlman fan, but I still read it... and waiting for the promised chocolate cake at my door.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 3:25 am
I missed where you were ever identified but I’m glad I have the opportunity to tell you how crazy I am over your articles. I obviously start with the Back page weekly. You never ever disappoint! In the succos or pesach story supplements I always look out for yours first. Plus I read and enjoy whatever you write in the Aim as well.
So a huge thank you from a fan in New York!

twizzlers1

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 3:39 am
Thank you I was just going to look for it today now I know not to waste my time. I don't get it regularly but when I do I always enjoy!

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 4:41 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I missed where you were ever identified but I’m glad I have the opportunity to tell you how crazy I am over your articles. I obviously start with the Back page weekly. You never ever disappoint! In the succos or pesach story supplements I always look out for yours first. Plus I read and enjoy whatever you write in the Aim as well.
So a huge thank you from a fan in New York!

Omg same here. We love you and your wonderful sense of humor, writing style and keen insight.
Thank you, thank you from my whole extended familia.
Hatzlacha!

Librarian

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 4:48 am
Is Wif Dina Neuman? I love your Back Page! You are the Jewish Anna Quindlen! My 2 all time favorite articles are the one about helping your son clean up the Lego and the one about losing a baby tooth. I really did laugh and cry. Thank you for the beautiful message.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:17 am
Thank you for the update! I already asked at the local makolet and then proceeded to go to Paran to check for the the Ami. I asked almost every store and everyone said it wasn't there yet. I was starting to get nervous bc I heard a little rumor that some stores in Geula have it!

amother
Eggplant

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:22 am
wif wrote:
If you live in Israel, Ami magazine is delayed and won't hit stores until Monday morning. But it will be here before sukkos, so, hooray!

That is all. Carry on.

What about if you don’t live in Israel? I live in Toronto Canada

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 8:18 am
Librarian wrote:
Is Wif Dina Neuman? I love your Back Page! You are the Jewish Anna Quindlen! My 2 all time favorite articles are the one about helping your son clean up the Lego and the one about losing a baby tooth. I really did laugh and cry. Thank you for the beautiful message.

Seconding the question. And the adoration.

polka dots

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 8:24 am
I'm literally laughing right now thinking about the back page. Omg I love that you said people that are organized are too lazy to look for their stuff. You made my life!
Have a gmar chasima tova!

wif

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 8:38 am
Sending so much love back to you! You are all invited to my house for coffee (and chocolate cake). But bring your own mugs if you can? I used to own a hundred and now I have two.

wif

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 8:39 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
What about if you don’t live in Israel? I live in Toronto Canada

Oh, that I dont know, sorry! Want me to find out?

amother
Eggplant

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 8:42 am
wif wrote:
Oh, that I dont know, sorry! Want me to find out?

Yes please!

Is the THE Dina Newman??
I am so very honoured to be conversing with you!

Can you tell me the meaning of WIF?

self-actualization

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 10:21 am
Wow, Dina Neuman! Your Milsteins serial made our pandemic time a lot better. We would wait for Shabbos and then fight over who gets to read Aim first and the Milsteins. Chills!

H1

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 10:49 am
Didn't get around to writing to Ami but always wanted to say your writing is incredible!! Don't know how you can put out the Back Page every week but I enjoy it and relate so much! Thank you for using your talent and insight in a way that benefits all us readers!

Zehava

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 10:53 am
No wayyyy
Totally fangirling right now. Takes a very dry sense of humor to get past me and you totally hit the mark every time and manage to include some profound messages too! I love how your husband goes along with it and even wrote some articles.
I had some of my babies at the same time as you and was totally following along from pregnancy and on.
Please keep writing!

wif

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:12 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
Yes please!

Is the THE Dina Newman??
I am so very honoured to be conversing with you!

Can you tell me the meaning of WIF?

I am pleased to be the bearer of good news: Ami is already in the stores in Canada!

Also, I am honored to be conversing with you. Smile

As for WIF...I'm afraid it stands for Washing, Ironing, and Feeding. I'm also afraid that I thought that acronym to be sort of clever.

wif

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:21 am
Zehava wrote:
No wayyyy
Totally fangirling right now. Takes a very dry sense of humor to get past me and you totally hit the mark every time and manage to include some profound messages too! I love how your husband goes along with it and even wrote some articles.
I had some of my babies at the same time as you and was totally following along from pregnancy and on.
Please keep writing!

You are one in a million! For many reasons, but specifically in this case because so many people thought I was pretending to be my husband taking over my own column, which, I admit, is funny, and I sort of wish I had thought if it myself, but it really WAS him writing, and I'll tell him that you, at least, believe him. Heart

Stars

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:21 am
I love every single article you put out!! I’d buy a book of all the previous back pages if they made one. I remember laughing so hard from the toddler naps one because my toddler was in that exact stage. I’d love to reread it but I’m notorious for throwing out things. Keep it up!! I hope they keep the back page forever.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room