Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Low carb diet

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:17 am
My son has adhd and also has some issue with learning. We are waiting for an appt by a psychologist for an evaluation. He is in glasses for astigmatism, near and far sighted &muscle weakness. The eye dr recommend we put him on a low carb diet. He is a picky eater and he also has food allergies. Any ideas would be very helpful
TIA

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:29 am
Watch the magic pull, a documentary that will show you what can happen with picky eaters and low carb ( amazing stuff.) very helpful for my son on the spectrum. Wish I’d known when he was little.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 6:05 am
DD just recently got diagnosed with Celiac, and after going gluten free her life has changed dramatically. She feels amazing now, like she can tackle the world. Very Happy

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 6:06 am
I recently heard about this new cereal, and it's gotten rave reviews: https://magicspoon.com/product.....-case

smss

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 9:47 am
What is the eye doctor saying the low carb diet will help with?
I'd be very wary of putting a kid, especially a picky kid, on a low carb diet.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:38 pm
smss wrote:
What is the eye doctor saying the low carb diet will help with?
I'd be very wary of putting a kid, especially a picky kid, on a low carb diet.

He claims that diet affects your overall health. It will help him with focus, concentration and his vision. I would like to try it but need help with ideas of what to give him

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:39 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Watch the magic pull, a documentary that will show you what can happen with picky eaters and low carb ( amazing stuff.) very helpful for my son on the spectrum. Wish I’d known when he was little.

Thanks for the info

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:40 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I recently heard about this new cereal, and it's gotten rave reviews: https://magicspoon.com/product.....-case

Thanks but he is highly allergic to peanuts and is sensitive to chocolate. He was tested for celiac. Chasdei hashem it was negative

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 11:28 pm
Wow, I’m impressed by that eye dr! There are so few medical professionals who admit that diet affects overall health even though the evidence is out there. Do you mind sharing the name of this dr? About the diet, Is your child on board? I’ve put children on restrictive diets for health reasons , but we never managed to go verylow carb. I did however change how I cooked and planned meals so that carbs are not center stage anymore. And we cut out a lot of grains and replaced them with better starches such as squashes and legumes . Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics