Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
If you tried Rorie's Electrolyte Drink, did it help you?
1  2  Next

Did Rorie's Electrolyte Drink Help You Fast Better?
Definitely looks like it  
 40%  [ 10 ]
I'm not sure  
 28%  [ 7 ]
I don't think so  
 32%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 25

pause

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:13 pm
I'm curious because I saw someone posted tonight that it did nothing for her. I tried it last year before YK and fasted ok, so I figured it would have been worse without. Before tisha b'av this year I took Kalei Tzom and fasted well BH. Now before YK I tried the electrolyte drink again and fasted terribly.

Now my experiences might be related to other factors, but I started to think that it's just not working for me.

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:16 pm
I'm normally a horrible faster. I did this drink for 3 days. I'm 38 weeks pregnant. I was horizontal most of YK but I felt relatively fine compared to other years. I also drank 1-1.5 gallons of water for 3 days before the fast.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:18 pm
It will depend on your electrolyte status. Also on how your body (kidneys, pituitary, vasopressin) operates with electrolyte balancing. Sea salt doesn’t have the right balance of electrolytes. Mostly sodium with trace amounts of other minerals. The rest of the ingredients have zero electrolytes. Too much sodium makes me waste a ton of dilute water. I take magnesium and potassium supplements and salt my food liberally.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:38 pm
I'm a terrible faster. Since I started doing rorie's drink [the last 3 fasts] I fasted great and it helped my son. I also used caffeine/tylenol suppositories. I was never able to go to shul on yom kipper and was able to this year.

StrongMomma

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:38 pm
Yes, it definitely helped me- I really felt better than I do on some regular shabbos and Sunday mornings when I have my kids alone for a few hours.
I plan to have it regularly, maybe once a week going forward. It’s a lot of sugar to have every day, but I often get weak taking care of my kids on regular days, so it seems it would help me. I do drink a nice amount of water normally, but my diet isn’t amazing and I’m nursing. I guess it has what I’m lacking.

pause

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:42 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I'm a terrible faster. Since I started doing rorie's drink [the last 3 fasts] I fasted great and it helped my son. I also used caffeine/tylenol suppositories. I was never able to go to shul on yom kipper and was able to this year.

How do you know it was the drink and not the suppositories?

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:43 pm
I didn’t hear about this drink...

But recently (before Tisha b’av) I heard about Slow release capsules that a Kollel puts out as a means of collecting money. A woman in my community sells it for them here. They come in 3 types: Caffeine, Tylenol, and Advil.

They are a fasting game changer!! I used for both TB and YK and had NO fasting headache at all.

I took both Tylenol and Caffeine pills and am nursing, and had an amazing fast bh!!

I also drank a lot of power aid starting the day before erev, had some coconut water right before, ate brown rice, and drank water.... all the things that contributed. But these without the pills I’ve done before for other fasts without the same amazing results.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:00 am
pause wrote:

I have been doing suppositories for years and always got migraines.

Never tried the drink alone so dont know if it's the drink or the combination of both helping me.

boysrock

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:02 am
Can someone post what this drink is? Sounds like a dream

Purple2

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:05 am
I take the Kollel pills as well. Since I started, fasts don’t even bother me at all. I can’t imagine fasting without them

minnie mouse

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:26 am
I generally fast pretty well. The past Tisha bav I tried the drink cuz why not... Never fasted that bad. Now for Yom Kippur I didn't bother with it. Fasted great b"h.

Ma3

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:30 am
boysrock wrote:
Can someone post what this drink is? Sounds like a dream

You can see it on her insta page @fullnfree
If I remember correctly, it's basically 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1-2 Tbs raw honey, 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt and 2 cups water.

I always get a massive headache and feel weak post fast. I was fine tonight. First time I tried her drink. So I think it works....

amother
Yarrow

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:31 am
Powerade before makes a huge difference for me.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:34 am
pause wrote:

For me the caffeine suppository (only from kj pharmacy) is a game Changer.

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:58 am
Where is "definitely no"?

amother
RosePink

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 3:17 am
Haven’t tried it but I used the slow release Motrin thanks to imamother and it was a game changer for me. Have never fasted this well.

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 8:36 am
It didn't do any harm. I normally fast very easily, but I tried it because it sounded good. To be honest, I didn't notice much difference, but it tasted good before the fast and was refreshing afterwards.

I made it before the fast, and left it in the fridge with a couple of stems of mint sitting in it right through Yom Kippur, so I had this cold lemon mint drink, which claimed to be healthy, when I got home. For some reason it was very filling. I could barely eat anything afterwards.

I had a few dizzy low sugar moments in shul.My covid weight gain might have manages to tip the balance from pre-diabetes into diabetes. I should probably do some bloodwork, and get on with losing the weight. After Sukkos.

amother
Azalea

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 9:42 am
I'm an amazing faster but this fast was like ballpark easy for me. I was thinking it's this drink or the whole coconut water I drank. In future I'll do coconut instead of plain water in the drink

amother
DarkYellow

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 10:31 am
Ma3 wrote:
If I remember correctly, it's basically 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1-2 Tbs raw honey, 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt and 2 cups water.

I always get a massive headache and feel weak post fast. I was fine tonight. First time I tried her drink. So I think it works....
I would do something like lmnt packets rather than that concoction

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:43 am
Ma3 wrote:

I thought the drink called for collagen
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur