Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Obgyn Dr. Morgan vs Dr. Segal
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:48 am
I've been researching a lot! I am a high risk patient and unfortunately this will be my first delivery without proper insurance (I have medicaid) so while I used Dr. Abdelek in the past I cannot afford to use him now. I am a vbac patient with concerns about efficient doctors who take the time to know you and care for you, natural, and experienced, especially since I am high risk and not so young.
After much research (honestly, mainly on this site which offers a lot lol!) I am not sure but it seemed like Dr segal and Dr Morgan are good drs that aren't chicken markets but pro natural and take medicaid. Please correct me if I am wrong, and please give me your opinion on either one or anyone else I should be considering.
Thanks so much for your time and info!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:53 am
I have used Dr Morgan for GYN needs (but not for birth. He was the doctor affiliated with the practice of the midwives I used for delivery). I was very satisfied with his services, knowledge, bedside manner, etc....I have siblings who have used him as well and were happy.

I also have a friend who had more than one VBAC with him.

I don't have any experience/opinion with Dr. Segal.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:00 pm
Thank you so much, anyone else have experience with him delivering? Did you tear? Do they work with your body? Clean you put properly? Get you on epidural if you want it asap? Does the hospital work well with him?
Thanks!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:56 pm
Is this Dr Segal from rwj obgyn? They don't take Medicaid...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:11 pm
Oh ok thanks, so that counts him out I guess. Anyone have any direct info on dr Morgan or anyone else that would accept medicaid?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:48 pm
I use dr morgan and as far as I know he doesnt take Medicaid
So far I'm happy but I'm only in middle of pregnancy so cant say for how he is by labor delivery...

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 11:14 pm
Oman and I thought I had options! Any ideas?

amother
Green

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 11:19 pm
I have high risk family members who were really happy with Chemed. I know they’re high risk

bling3

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 11:51 pm
Dr. Morgan may still accept Medicaid as a second insurance. Their number is 7324774422

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:41 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I have high risk family members who were really happy with Chemed. I know they’re high risk

Thanks! They jeep changing doctors though, who is the dr there now? Will he/she stay?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:42 am
bling3 wrote:
Dr. Morgan may still accept Medicaid as a second insurance. Their number is 7324774422

Ooh thanks good to know! Second insurance means I have to pay some? Thanks so much I will call and see what happens!

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! They jeep changing doctors though, who is the dr there now? Will he/she stay?

I used them and was not that happy..

bling3

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ooh thanks good to know! Second insurance means I have to pay some? Thanks so much I will call and see what happens!

It means that you need to have 2 insurances. A primary and secondary. Your primary insurance would be the private plan (like Blue Cross, Oxford, etc ) and your secondary is the Medicaid. The secondary insurance picks up the copays and deductible. This saves you a lot of out of pocket expenses.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:52 pm
bling3 wrote:
It means that you need to have 2 insurances. A primary and secondary. Your primary insurance would be the private plan (like Blue Cross, Oxford, etc ) and your secondary is the Medicaid. The secondary insurance picks up the copays and deductible. This saves you a lot of out of pocket expenses.

Oh so if I only have medicaid it wouldn't work?

bling3

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 10:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh so if I only have medicaid it wouldn't work?

That's correct.

You can call to verify.

saep09

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:29 pm
Dr. Baum in freehold is amazing with vbac and takes medicaid

saep09

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:30 pm
Dr. Jonathon Baum (732) 577-1199 phone number

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:57 pm
I use ocean ob gyn associates on cross and the 70. Had two births with them been really happy big practice with Dr's and midwives but u can request diff ones once u see who u like. ( can't request by birth but there's a doc and midwife on call for births and u can request to get the doc cuz he's in the hospital - they do birth at cmc in Tom's River super chilled calm hospital loved it there!) They take medicaid just not Aetna medicaid plan I believe for some reason.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:22 pm
You shouldn't use the hospital in Toms River if you're high risk because they don't have a Nicu.

I've heard good things about Dr. Baum, though I haven't used him personally. I used the midwife group at Jersey Shore, and although I wasn't high risk, they are very good with Vbac and have a backup doctor who they collaborate with for high risk pregnancies.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:26 pm
amother [ Bottlebrush ] wrote:
You shouldn't use the hospital in Toms River if you're high risk because they don't have a Nicu.

I've heard good things about Dr. Baum, though I haven't used him personally. I used the midwife group at Jersey Shore, and although I wasn't high risk, they are very good with Vbac and have a backup doctor who they collaborate with for high risk pregnancies.

What's the midwife group at Jersey shore?
And who are the drs they work with?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries