Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why no school today and Friday after succos for girls???
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:53 am
Can someone explain this to me? It’s not the day before erev succos
And Friday after Isru chag??? I’m so annoyed at the schools right now

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:55 am
I'm glad there's no school in BF today. I wouldn't have sent DD on time, and there would be no point sending her late on a Friday. The day after the fast, for some people, is harder than the fast itself. She really needed to sleep late, then she had breakfast and didn't feel so good after eating, sat with a hot water bottle for a while, and is now feeling better. School would be over anyway! I'm glad there was no pressure to go.

I doubt she's the only one like this.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:56 am
As to Succos, people travel to family, etc...and it puts less pressure in terms of getting back, getting the family back together after the Y"T, etc...

bsy

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:59 am
My kids in brooklyn have school today and Friday after yt. Not chasidish.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:59 am
Me too, my high school boys had from 9.30 till 11 today. Explain that!!!

Why can't the rebbeim teach for longer?
My dh was in work until 3.45 today bc he works. What about us wives?! They just don't care. My boys were on their grand things and computer all day since they got home. It's just ridiculous. And the fees are through the roof. Rant over! Besides for that we're very happy with the school, and my boys love it there (when they're there Wink)

My younger kids had for longer than them today.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:01 pm
Chayalle wrote:
As to Succos, people travel to family, etc...and it puts less pressure in terms of getting back, getting the family back together after the Y"T, etc...

They have a whole Thursday isru chag

amother
Buttercup

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:02 pm
Chayalle wrote:

That's what Isru Chag is for. Most people will be home by Thursday night.

keym

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:02 pm
My playgroup child follows the Bais Faiga schedule. It says classes resume on Friday after Sukkos.
Did that change?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:05 pm
keym wrote:
My playgroup child follows the Bais Faiga schedule. It says classes resume on Friday after Sukkos.
Did that change?

I have Bais Tova and bnos orchos Chaim schedule (playgroup and school)
Both say Friday off

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have Bais Tova and bnos orchos Chaim schedule (playgroup and school)
Both say Friday off

I work in Bnos Orchos Chaim we have school on the Friday after sukkos. I just heard some schools don't and I think its pushing things a bit much to be off that Friday.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:32 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
That's what Isru Chag is for. Most people will be home by Thursday night.

Oh I didn't realize it's for the day after Isru Chag. Yeah, agree, they should have school that day.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:34 pm
Today totally makes sense. Most people feel shvach and had a really late night last night. And it’s Friday so a short day anyways

mha3484

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:36 pm
Come to the Midwest we have school today and the Friday after isru chag. My complaint is why my sons get out at 12:30 instead of the usual 2pm. They could use the hour and a half of english with all these days of no school. The time has not changed yet I feel that they should have the full Friday.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:36 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
I work in Bnos Orchos Chaim we have school on the Friday after sukkos. I just heard some schools don't and I think its pushing things a bit much to be off that Friday.

Oh I thought the playgroups follows bnos orchos Chaim
Must be either her high school girls schedules or just what’s convenient for her. I wouldn’t be surprised! This is so unfair

boat

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:14 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Come to the Midwest we have school today and the Friday after isru chag. My complaint is why my sons get out at 12:30 instead of the usual 2pm. They could use the hour and a half of english with all these days of no school. The time has not changed yet I feel that they should have the full Friday.

Ha. East coast never has English on friday, and they recently stopped Sunday too. No sympathy here. Some girls schools end 11:15 on a regular friday.

Simple1

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:24 pm
OTOH schools started early this year so maybe they figured a few Fridays off don't matter.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 3:10 pm
Have you complained to the schools? Kvetching here won't help!

mha3484

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 3:52 pm
boat wrote:
Ha. East coast never has English on friday, and they recently stopped Sunday too. No sympathy here. Some girls schools end 11:15 on a regular friday.

That would make me crazy our girls end at 1:00 year round. 11:15 would feel like whats the point even?

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 4:05 pm
The extra day after Yom tov is for the entire school and staff and custodians etc to get mandatory covid testing. We need 24 hours to get results from the PCR.

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 4:23 pm
My playgroup follows bnos binah schedule. They have school friday
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries