Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Chesed needed in Flatbush

everyday's a gift

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 10:22 pm
Hope it’s ok to post this here - looking for people who are able & wiling to do tremendous chesed (not asking for $, just help) for someone desperately in need.
A good friend of mine is going through some really traumatic challenges (no personal details here to protect her privacy, but you can pm me if you want to help her & need basic info). She’s moving into an apartment in Flatbush tomorrow (Erev Shabbos afternoon) with pretty much nothing.

There’s a lot of different things she needs, but I live 8 hours away & can’t be there to help her, so I’m hoping some of you amazing women can do anything to her out (or connect me to others who you think can).

First - can anyone help me arrange a cleaning person to come clean her apartment ASAP? (got flooded from storm) I will cover payment, just don’t know who to call

Other Needs:

Furniture - washer, dryer, couch, 2 little kids or toddler beds, dressers, small table,
mirror, rug

A van to transport donated furniture to her apartment (I have someone who can do the heavy moving but doesn’t have a van)

Basic household items - pots, dishes, cooking/eating utensils, linen, towels, cleaning supplies etc.

Volunteers to help her with her 2 young children when she needs a break

Someone to invite her (& 2 kiddos) for Shabbos or yomim tovim coming up…

Not as urgent - will be needing baby items in near future as well

(And yes, we are already in contact with furniture gemachs & Ohel)

Thank you for reading all this!
Please comment or pm me if you think you can help Smile

May this be a huge zchus before Rosh Hashana , as yidden who look out for each other!

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 11:02 pm
Have her contact sister to sister

ChutzPAh

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:56 am
I don’t live in the area, but she is lucky to have a friend like you!

everyday's a gift

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 8:54 am
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
Have her contact sister to sister

Good idea, Thanks!

everyday's a gift

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 10:32 am
Another q - are any groceries in Flatbush still accepting delivery orders today before Shabbos??

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 10:41 am
everyday's a gift wrote:
Another q - are any groceries in Flatbush still accepting delivery orders today before Shabbos??

It's too late for that now. But maybe there's a grocery near her that she can still make it to.

monkeymamma

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 11:07 am
Try to reach out to My Extended Family for assistance-- https://www.myef.org/

everyday's a gift

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:43 pm
Does anyone know of someone who can possibly babysit on Yom Kippur? Huge chesed! Willing to pay, must be patient & good with small children.
For 2 kids ages 2 and 4, near O & E. 12th

Can be Jewish but not driving, or non-Jewish ok too

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:44 pm
everyday's a gift wrote:
Does anyone know of someone who can possibly babysit on Yom Kippur? Huge chesed! Willing to pay, must be patient & good with small children.
For 2 kids ages 2 and 4, near O & E. 12th

Can be Jewish but not driving, or non-Jewish ok too

I know of a single mom who'd do it, though her rate is 100 per hour. Sounds overpriced, and I think it is, but it's what she needs in order to make it worthwhile for her.

everyday's a gift

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:58 am
Update:
Need baby bassinet ASAP
(& any other baby things)

Also, I know it’s a crazy time now with yomim tovim falling out this way this year …but if anyone has time & is able to go help out with her kids any day/pretty much any time to give her a break to rest up - just had a newborn baby BH!
Can be either before, during, or after Sukkos. Teenager or anyone older, only criteria is has some experience & good with kids. (Can even pay small hourly amount if wanted)

As well as still need: working washer/dryer, dresser, kosher microwave, a few little girl toys/books (in Flatbush area)

THANK YOU amazing women of klal yisrael! Gmar tov, git kvittel & have a happy, beautiful sukkos! Smile

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:03 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I know of a single mom who'd do it, though her rate is 100 per hour. Sounds overpriced, and I think it is, but it's what she needs in order to make it worthwhile for her.

That’s insane.. even getting someone from an agency wouldn’t be more than $25/30 an hour. I can’t believe anyone would pay $100 per hour, even if this person is Mary Poppins

happy12

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:09 pm
Baby or boy? Does she need baby clothes?

everyday's a gift

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:12 pm
happy12 wrote:
Baby or boy? Does she need baby clothes?

Girl Smile
She can use some, but Only if good condition

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:19 pm
everyday's a gift wrote:
Girl Smile
She can use some, but Only if good condition

Call Oseh Chesed/Kimpaturin Aid 718-435-3002. They can sometimes provide help to hold the baby for a few hours or send dinner for a few days. Sometimes they are able to provide portable new portacribs or strollers for new moms in need.

There is also a layette gemach which gives packages of brand new layette items for moms who need. Located in Flatbush 718-377-2962.

Reality

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:31 pm
OP, I pmed you

everyday's a gift

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:53 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Call Oseh Chesed/Kimpaturin Aid 718-435-3002. They can sometimes provide help to hold the baby for a few hours or send dinner for a few days. Sometimes they are able to provide portable new portacribs or strollers for new moms in need.

There is also a layette gemach which gives packages of brand new layette items for moms who need. Located in Flatbush 718-377-2962.

Oh, that’s so great to know! Thank you so much!!

SingALong

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 3:10 pm
What size is the baby girl? I have a bunch of baby girl clothing to give away that I can send.

kenz

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 11:56 am
everyday's a gift wrote:
Update:
Need baby bassinet ASAP
(& any other baby things)

Also, I know it’s a crazy time now with yomim tovim falling out this way this year …but if anyone has time & is able to go help out with her kids any day/pretty much any time to give her a break to rest up - just had a newborn baby BH!
Can be either before, during, or after Sukkos. Teenager or anyone older, only criteria is has some experience & good with kids. (Can even pay small hourly amount if wanted)

As well as still need: working washer/dryer, dresser, kosher microwave, a few little girl toys/books (in Flatbush area)

THANK YOU amazing women of klal yisrael! Gmar tov, git kvittel & have a happy, beautiful sukkos! Smile

I may know someone with a washer/dryer available in Kensington. Not new but good working condition. Pm me if interested. Someone would need to go pick them up though, and possibly know how to disconnect them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries