Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why no school today and Friday after succos for girls???
Previous  1  2

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 4:52 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Today totally makes sense. Most people feel shvach and had a really late night last night. And it’s Friday so a short day anyways

Im sorry, I felt really weak today and I went to work anyhow. That's life in the real world. And my kids who fasted all feel fine and could have gone to school. Im sure there are some teachers and students who absolutely couldn't have gone in today, so they can take off. Why does everyone have to have off because some people don't feel well today?

amother
Gardenia

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 5:02 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Today totally makes sense. Most people feel shvach and had a really late night last night. And it’s Friday so a short day anyways

You do realize that most people not in chinuch work on Fridays? And after fast days too? I worked from 8-3 today. Yes, I'm tired after yom kippur and I had to stay up cooking for shabbos, but that life. And then I have the added stress of finding childcare for my kids since they don't have school for really no reason at all.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 5:05 pm
It would drive me crazy, too. Then again, I think schools should be open before holidays. Working parents have to prepare at night; teachers are working parents.

But I guess they figure that its not worth opening the school for a single short day.

amother
Gardenia

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 5:09 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
It would drive me crazy, too. Then again, I think schools should be open before holidays. Working parents have to prepare at night; teachers are working parents.

But I guess they figure that its not worth opening the school for a single short day.

What's ironic is many schools are opening the school for Friday only the week sukkot ends. Sukkot ends Wed and many schools have off Thursday, and then are opening just for Friday. So that excuse doesn't really work. I guess it works when it is convenient for them.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 5:30 pm
Don’t we normally have school the day after yomkippur? Why is this year different? And why can the boys handle school but not the girls? 2 pages into this thread and still I don’t understand more than I did before the thread started.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 5:32 pm
amother [ Gardenia ] wrote:
What's ironic is many schools are opening the school for Friday only the week sukkot ends. Sukkot ends Wed and many schools have off Thursday, and then are opening just for Friday. So that excuse doesn't really work. I guess it works when it is convenient for them.
some schools don’t have school that Friday either. My sons Morah is on bnos melech schedule and she’s not working that day. Even worse IMO.

amother
Wallflower

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 5:32 pm
I'm a morah and I had work today obviously, no reason we should not have. But I always wonder why I always hear parents complaining about so many days off and the half the kids in my class were absent today! I guess its the same few parents who actually work and need the childcare complaining rightfully so, but the fact is that the place was half empty today and then the upper ups see that and reconsider why we have when every other place doesnt...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 6:18 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
some schools don’t have school that Friday either. My sons Morah is on bnos melech schedule and she’s not working that day. Even worse IMO.

That’s what I’m so frustrated about! Why why why?? I am lucky if my boss wants me to come back to work after all this craziness

amother
Gardenia

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 6:22 pm
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
I'm a morah and I had work today obviously, no reason we should not have. But I always wonder why I always hear parents complaining about so many days off and the half the kids in my class were absent today! I guess its the same few parents who actually work and need the childcare complaining rightfully so, but the fact is that the place was half empty today and then the upper ups see that and reconsider why we have when every other place doesnt...

The half the class that was there is very likely the ones paying full tuition and paying your salary. Working parents need to work, and therefore send their children to school. They also don't qualify for tuition breaks as quickly.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 8:17 pm
Can someone from Lakewood area please list which schools are closed next Friday? Much appreciated

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:31 pm
I’m not complaining. I hate the Friday schedule. Drop my kid off at 9, pick them up at 11:15. What kind of day is that?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:38 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I’m not complaining. I hate the Friday schedule. Drop my kid off at 9, pick them up at 11:15. What kind of day is that?

Yeah my daughter has school
9:15-11:30 on Fridays and half days (at least if there was transportation I would have some sort of day- but no such luck yet- Hashem should help).

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can someone from Lakewood area please list which schools are closed next Friday? Much appreciated

Bnos Penina is.

amother
Lightblue

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:08 am
Many years ago when you can go to Government offices, while I was there and waiting I over heard some of the workers talking. They were complaing that instead of a raise they got Friday after Thanksgiving off.

Is that how girls schools are working? Instead of giving raises to the teachers they just give more days off?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries