Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO amazing playground

mommy100

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:37 am
Does a playground Anything like the one in Monroe exist in NY would love to take my kids to a really fun park/playground chol hamoed

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:00 am
Monroe IS in NY Wink

Eta at least the Monroe that has the wonderful playground I’m guessing you’re talking about.

nicole81

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:03 am
I'm not familiar with the Monroe park, but there are some great playgrounds within NYC.

Any of the central park playgrounds are good: hecksher, ancient playground, and the one with the granite slides (I forget the name... John something).

Then there's the Domino Park by the old sugar factory and all the Brooklyn Bridge parks, especially piers 1 and 6.

My kids favorite playgrounds are in Connecticut and Pennsylvania, but are only a 1-2 hour drive in case you don't mind traveling.

At the same time, they love my local park, too, on Strickland ave in Mill basin.

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 10:18 am
I don't know anything about Monroe but NY has a lot of really great playgrounds. Is there a particular area of NY that you'll be near?

mommy100

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 3:38 pm
I am willing to travel,if it’s a great playground. I know that Monroe is in NY but have been there a lot with my kids so don’t want to go back there. Would be willing to travel about an hour from Brooklyn but really needs to be interesting new climbing things and activities.
Been to Brooklyn bridge too many times as well.
Keep on hearing about domino park but when I look online doesn’t seem like there are that many things for kids to actually do there.
Central Park have interesting climbing thing the parks I remember as a kid were very basic.
Whenever I have gone to israel they always had amazing playgrounds with really high slides and interesting swings and climbing apparatus etc.

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 4:17 pm
mommy100 wrote:
I am willing to travel,if it’s a great playground. I know that Monroe is in NY but have been there a lot with my kids so don’t want to go back there. Would be willing to travel about an hour from Brooklyn but really needs to be interesting new climbing things and activities.
Been to Brooklyn bridge too many times as well.
Keep on hearing about domino park but when I look online doesn’t seem like there are that many things for kids to actually do there.
Central Park have interesting climbing thing the parks I remember as a kid were very basic.
Whenever I have gone to israel they always had amazing playgrounds with really high slides and interesting swings and climbing apparatus etc.

Domino park has that. It’s really great. Plus awesome views of the water and Manhattan.

amother
Mulberry

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 9:24 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I'm not familiar with the Monroe park, but there are some great playgrounds within NYC.

Any of the central park playgrounds are good: hecksher, ancient playground, and the one with the granite slides (I forget the name... John something).

Then there's the Domino Park by the old sugar factory and all the Brooklyn Bridge parks, especially piers 1 and 6.

My kids favorite playgrounds are in Connecticut and Pennsylvania, but are only a 1-2 hour drive in case you don't mind traveling.

At the same time, they love my local park, too, on Strickland ave in Mill basin.

Which parks in Connecticut and Pennsylvania?

amother
Banana

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 10:19 pm
My kids absolutely love domino park. It has interesting things to climb on and room to ride scooters and a splash pad.

nicole81

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 10:40 pm
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
Which parks in Connecticut and Pennsylvania?

My kids love the Stamform Museum and Nature Center Playground (the playground is great, the whole place is nice for a day trip) and Castle Park in Doylestown, PA. If you're going to drive out there for a day, I recommend planning on picnicing or bbqing, and maybe even throwing in a fruit picking stopover nearby on the way back.

amother
Fern

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 10:49 pm
amother [ Banana ] wrote:
My kids absolutely love domino park. It has interesting things to climb on and room to ride scooters and a splash pad.

I heard that people coming to domino park from longer distances are disappointed . There isn't much for kids to do there . I. Walking distance so once in while we take the kids there.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 10:54 pm
[quote="amother [ Fern ]"]I heard that people coming to domino park from longer distances are disappointed . There isn't much for kids to do there . I. Walking distance so once in while we take the kids there.[/quote

We come from Manhattan, where were have our pick up Central Park playgrounds at our corner!

Fave

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 10:55 pm
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
I heard that people coming to domino park from longer distances are disappointed . There isn't much for kids to do there . I. Walking distance so once in while we take the kids there.

Agree. Domino Park falls very short when compared to the park in KJ. Same with all the NYC playgrounds that I’ve taken my kids to including the ones in Central Park.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries