Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to deal with delusional anti vaxer?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Tuberose

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 7:19 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
There’s really no way to deal with these people. I know from experience.... my family is anti-vax too. It took my husband a few years to get me to listen to “his” side. And btw, I know someone who is also anti-vax has a son extremely sick with cancer. He never had any shots whatsoever. It doesn’t discriminate.

I agree.
When I first read the OP, I thought, hey I know who she is talking about. then I realized that it's not the same person, just they all sound the same. They bring in vaccines to every conversation.

The woman I know recently moved to my community and immediately got into the community chats to argueaboit vaccines. I had been friendly towards her, since she reached out to me when she first moved to town. So I tried to tell her nicely that if she wants to be accepted into the community she should try to tone down her controversial ideas. But she would hear none of it. She was on fire, talking about how only her eyes were open and everyone else is sheep. Then she said she can't be friends with others who don't share her values.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 10:53 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I find the thread title very offensive. Either you are calling all people who have not taken the covid vax delusional or you are calling someone with a mental health disorder delusional instead of saying she has bpd or other such illness.

In any case, she has problems that are larger than vaccines, messaging privately and being so narrow focused that it is all the time activism to the exclusion of social norms should not be shamed or made fun of. No reason to treat her differently than others who get excessive and pester others in the group, topic nonwithstanding.

Okay, so to clarify. This thread was started on Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:52 am. It has absolutely nothing to do with the covid vaccine. It was made well before the vaccine was even available. Nobody here has called all people who are against the covid vaccine delusional. What I said that this one person was acting delusional. It might have been due to a mental illness but I don't have confirmation of a diagnosis and I'm also not qualified to give one.

Secondly, as far as treating her differently than others, there's NO OTHER person behaving like her in that group. It's a community whatsapp group, nothing on this forum. No other person has ever pestered me or gotten aggressive like that in the years that I've been in that community.

And lastly, I have no idea why someone decided to post in this super old thread again. There's two cousins who supposedly found each other. I'm not sure how it is related to the topic, but either way, it's not related to the covid vaccine.

amother
Iris

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 11:34 pm
Thank You!

Really appreciate your clarification it was really bothering me -- not anymore Smile

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 10:59 pm
Sorry for bumping this thread.
Cousin passed away bd”e.
I’m terrible at calling so I need to send the mother a text. What should I write?

(what did you do, cousin?)

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 11:06 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Sorry for bumping this thread.
Cousin passed away bd”e.
I’m terrible at calling so I need to send the mother a text. What should I write?

(what did you do, cousin?)

BDE

IMO a text is not the way to go, sorry. Be a big girl and call. Would have been easier to call while they were sitting shiva cuz then you say hamakom and that's it.

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 11:08 pm
Mom didn’t recommend.
She told me to send a text or call

amother
Iris

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 11:23 pm
Ignore
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics