Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Pans doctor for initial diagnosis in tristate area

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:22 am
Has anyone used Alain mass, earnest Visconti, or dr frid? Not sure if child has pans but want to get comprehensive testing and opinion with someone with a good bedside manner. Wouldn't hurt if they also did testing for vitamins or minerals or any other functional medicine issues .

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:26 am
Look into Dr Michael Elice, Dr. Kenneth Bock and Dr. Nancy Ohara.

Dr. Visconti treats Lyme and coinfections, I’m not sure about pans. Dr. Frid is excellent but more mainstream. Never heard of Alain Mass.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:28 am
Frid is excellent. Well rounded. She does use some alternative medicine. Pans isn’t a diagnosis by the way. It’s AE.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:59 am
Thank you for names! So sorry if I used the wrong term. What does AE mean? My issue is I am thinking sudden tics, anxiety and speech issues may be related to pandas or Lyne to some other medical condition and want to rule that out/ get treatment before I pursue only traditional avenues. Am I using the wrong term?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for names! So sorry if I used the wrong term. What does AE mean? My issue is I am thinking sudden tics, anxiety and speech issues may be related to pandas or Lyne to some other medical condition and want to rule that out/ get treatment before I pursue only traditional avenues. Am I using the wrong term?

PANS is a diagnosis, it's just not a diagnosis insurance would cover for or that mainstream doctors accept. AE stands for autoimmune encephalitis - your body makes antibodies against the brain. Honestly, PANS is for sure a subset of AE.

I heard great things about Frid - she's a neurologist but deals with infection indused brain issues.

Don't bother with a traditional Dr. go to someone more integrative/functional. You need lots of indepth tests, will likely cost you $, but your child will have a better chance of healing if address ALL issues. PANS doesnt generally happen because of one thing. Often there's a cascading effect in the immune system. Something like a virus, a tick borne illness etc, could have been the straw that breaks the camel's back, but it's likely you may need to deal with other issues too, not just antibiotics for 1 thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children