Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Covid minyan in flatbush for Yom Kippur

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 3:08 pm
Does anyone know of a minyan for ppl who have Covid/in quarantine for covid in flatbush for Yom Kippur?

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 3:54 pm
Please do the right thing and stay at home if you have covid. Refuah Shlayma

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 3:58 pm
What is wrong with davening in a covid minyan made for covid positive people?

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 5:00 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
What is wrong with davening in a covid minyan made for covid positive people?

Presumably you need to walk in the street and pass other people and may get them sick. Someone needs to clean and disinfect whatever shul is davened in. It’s causing unnecessary risk.

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 5:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does anyone know of a minyan for ppl who have Covid/in quarantine for covid in flatbush for Yom Kippur?

Stay home. Going out to daven when you have covid is doing a mitzva through an aveira.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:50 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Presumably you need to walk in the street and pass other people and may get them sick. Someone needs to clean and disinfect whatever shul is davened in. It’s causing unnecessary risk.

The entire disinfecting business is anti science. Surface spread is insignificant. He could wear a mask in the street but outdoor spread passing someone in the street is not a significant factor in spreading covid. I just don't see why if someone is going to a covid minyan it's a problem, it's his choice. Also, someone I know who recently had covid was told they can go out with a mask even indoors by her doctor, as long as it was a real (not cloth) mask.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:38 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
The entire disinfecting business is anti science. Surface spread is insignificant. He could wear a mask in the street but outdoor spread passing someone in the street is not a significant factor in spreading covid. I just don't see why if someone is going to a covid minyan it's a problem, it's his choice. Also, someone I know who recently had covid was told they can go out with a mask even indoors by her doctor, as long as it was a real (not cloth) mask.

NO a covid positive person cannot go out except to get medical care that they cannot get via telehealth.

amother
Burntblack

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:41 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
NO a covid positive person cannot go out except to get medical care that they cannot get via telehealth.

Do you think you can get covid by walking past someone outside who is wearing a mask?

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:55 am
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:
Do you think you can get covid by walking past someone outside who is wearing a mask?

Would you like your immunocompromised spouse or grandparent to give it a try, and see how it works out?

amother
Green

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:02 pm
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:

It's not just one man with Covid, it's all the men who think like this man and go about business as usual and make Covid positive minyonim. Have you ever seen a covid positive person cough? If he suddenly needs to cough when walking by an unvaccinated child or senior, it will likely lead to serious suffering. As Yidden we have the concept of geder to avoid doing something wrong. Today he goes to a Covid positive minyon, tomorow he runs into the grocery for just a minute. If people in our communities keep only thinking about their own needs and refuse to quarantine when Covid positive, Yidden will continue to get sick or worse.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:07 pm
Im pro vax pro mask pro pro but I don't see the scientific or medical concerns, unless you're referring to the viral load at the minyan but the studies on thst don't support that concern either.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:38 pm
I cant believe this. Covid positive stay home!!
An immunocompromised child, spouse, anyone should not be exposed, even outdoors. Knowingly going out with covid??

amother
Ebony

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:08 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

The city called to check that Dh was quarantined after testing positive. He said he’s not going out at all and they said he should be going ou a little. Just try not to be near ppl. (He stayed in until a negative test as per his dr)

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 2:00 am
amother [ Ebony ] wrote:
The city called to check that Dh was quarantined after testing positive. He said he’s not going out at all and they said he should be going ou a little. Just try not to be near ppl. (He stayed in until a negative test as per his dr)

So he went out to the doctor. That’s not staying completely in.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 2:10 am
I am not super stringent with covid anymore. I no longer mask when I go to stores and I don’t take too many precautions anymore other than more frequent hand washing and excercising basic common sense. That said I find covid Minyans not the best idea. First of all the folks going can get sicker from being in a environment with such a strong covid virus overload. There’s lots of the virus in one room ans it makes it harder for the body to fight the covid when it’s in a covid heavy room. Also better got the person to be home and rest. Also we had a case where a shul set up a covid minyan outside last year rosh hashana without telling anyone else in the shul so some unsuspecting folks who were davening outside were being extra close to the folks with covid without realizing...

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:18 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I am not super stringent with covid anymore. I no longer mask when I go to stores and I don’t take too many precautions anymore other than more frequent hand washing and excercising basic common sense. That said I find covid Minyans not the best idea. First of all the folks going can get sicker from being in a environment with such a strong covid virus overload. There’s lots of the virus in one room ans it makes it harder for the body to fight the covid when it’s in a covid heavy room. Also better got the person to be home and rest. Also we had a case where a shul set up a covid minyan outside last year rosh hashana without telling anyone else in the shul so some unsuspecting folks who were davening outside were being extra close to the folks with covid without realizing...

Although there has been some speculation about this, the studies show that higher viral load does not necessarily have an impact on covid severity. For example, delta has a higher viral load than other strains but is not more severe just more contagious
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries