Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help! My mom can't travel into US

shaqued_almond

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 5:42 pm
My mom is a German citizen. She got the ESTA which in the past was enough to visit me. She told me she can't travel into the US right now because of covid. I'm a US citizen and I just gave birth, she was supposed to come this week to help me with the kids. What can we do?

amother
Phlox

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 5:49 pm
This may not be helpful but my mom lives two blocks away and wont ever come help. Reach out to schools that send chesed girls, neighbors and friends. Im sure theres help you can access. Maybe mlm can send you the price of a flight to pay for a baby nurse or cleaning help.

amother
Cognac

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 5:55 pm
I’ve made a barmitzva and given birth since COVID and my parents haven’t been able to come in from the UK… it sucks..

amother
Acacia

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 7:48 pm
She can travel to a country that's allowed , wait 2 weeks and then come to the u.s
Afaik no other way.
Someone mentioned to me Guadeloupe.
Or Eretz yisrael if she can go there.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 8:50 pm
So sorry op
It’s really challenging

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 8:58 pm
my friends' parents live in England and weren't allowed into the USA. so they went to Israel first for 2 weeks, then were allowed into the USA. But no stopovers are allowed in Europe at all, otherwise, it would cancel out the permission to come to the USA. Maybe your mom is allowed into Israel, does she have any first degree relatives there and can stay there for 2 weeks?
I'm so sorry OP, this must be so so hard for you! hugs and mazal tov for your new baby

voiceofreason

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 11:08 pm
Or she can apply for a humanitarian exemption. Get a doctor's note. I know people who managed to get in from the UK because a relative was sick in hospital and requested them by name.

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 3:58 am
shaqued_almond wrote:
My mom is a German citizen. She got the ESTA which in the past was enough to visit me. She told me she can't travel into the US right now because of covid. I'm a US citizen and I just gave birth, she was supposed to come this week to help me with the kids. What can we do?

She should be eligible to come but why did you only start taking care pf it now? Could have found it out in advance...

Raisin

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 4:07 am
yes, this has been the case since March 2020. Ridiculous. I know someone who caught covid doing a 2 week stopover in another country, and entered the US with covid, staying in hotels for 2 weeks is really not a good plan. But I did see something just now the US is thinking of changing this policy but who knows when that will be...

I know several people who had grandchildren and were unable to visit for this reason. Israel gives exemptions for this but I have not heard of anyone getting one from the US.

If you have a child under 21 who is a US citizen you can enter.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 5:21 am
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
She should be eligible to come but why did you only start taking care pf it now? Could have found it out in advance...

There is a real woman behind the OP. She has just given birth and is struggling to find help. She needs advice and solutions, not a telling off.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 5:47 am
I am not condoning this AT ALL. But I did hear of people from Europe who bought tickets for two weeks before they want to be in the USA, to say, Israel. (or any country usa lets you come in from) Then they flew to Israel the day they want to go to the USA, get an onward flight. When they land they show the ticket from 2 weeks before as proof that they were in this country for 2 weeks.

(isreal probably wouldn't work becasue they stamp passport. Maybe an EU country that is outside schengen zone. I don't recall which country they actually used)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics