Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Malden ( Boston area)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:55 am
My husband likes the idea of moving to Malden (attracted by the cheaper housing, mostly). I’m wondering - what is the community like? We’re hoping to visit, but obviously now is not a great time to get a feel for community since so many people are still in quarantine. I’m a bit worried about being too frum for the community. In my current community I feel like we are definitely the odd ones. I’m pretty strict with my kids and myself about certain things and try to limit their exposure to secular media. From what I’ve learned about the day schools in Boston, I think I like the sound of Torah Academy for the kids. It’s also super important for me to have a trusted Rav. that’s one of the things that’s missing from our current community- the . (No Rav, it’s lay led minyanim only! I usually find the nearest chabad for halachic issues, but am not Lubavitch so this can be awkward) would we do ok in Malden? No one I ask in real life seems to know much about it!
Thanks!!!

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 9:15 am
Where do you live currently?

doctorima

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 5:20 pm
I'm not familiar with the community currently (try PMing imasinger who will likely have more up-to-date info), but if Rabbi Rabinowitz is still running it, he's wonderful and dedicated, and from a standard yeshiva background, not Lubavitch.

frum violinist

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 6:41 pm
pm me- my sister in law lived there for a few years -she would be happy to tell you all about it:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics