Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Winter or Summer clothing this sukkos?
1  2  Next

How will you be dressing yourself and / or kids for sukkos?
Winter  
 29%  [ 30 ]
Summer  
 70%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 101

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:12 pm
Interested in seeing what everyone’s plans are! Please also feel free to post reason for ur answer:)

hellokitty

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:16 pm
can't pick ahead of time, temps ranging from 43-75 this week, so could be either or both, depending on the day/meal

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:16 pm
It's not going to be super hot in my location and my kids outgrew their summer clothing. Also their winter clothing is not that warm. If it was fur and turtlenecks then maybe I wouldn't but since it's not they will be wearing fall/ winter clothing.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:17 pm
In between clothes for the first days so far (no real summer white but no real winter fabrics).

little neshamala

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:17 pm
Summery/spring type
Because....It's warm out. It feels like spring. It feels warm. We would look absolutely ridiculous in woolen outfits with black tights, and we would shmoil. It's only mid september...it's still warmmmmmmm. So, summery clothes it is.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:20 pm
Daytime is supposed to be in the 70s. That's summer weather. Going to pack sweaters in case it's a bit chilly in the morning or they manage to be up for night meals in the succah

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:27 pm
amother [ Nemesia ] wrote:
It's not going to be super hot in my location and my kids outgrew their summer clothing. Also their winter clothing is not that warm. If it was fur and turtlenecks then maybe I wouldn't but since it's not they will be wearing fall/ winter clothing.

Same

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:42 pm
Totally depends on the weather.

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:45 pm
Mostly summer , maybe a sweater in the evening if it gets cool.
However for myself I’m wearing more wintery/fall because it’s all I have. I’ll be hot but too bad.

Zehava

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:56 pm
40s 50s at night 60s 70s by day will take it minute by minute

essie14

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:57 pm
It's in the 90s where I live. We will be in summer clothes and going to the beach on Chol Hamoed. Not even a question. No one turns over their wardrobe til chanukah.

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:58 pm
Will probably wear some summer and some winter for my 4 year old son . He doesn't have enough outfits for 2 days so between the winter and summer will somehow manage.
At home he would wear PJs first night and sleep second nights . Since we won't be home he needs to be dressed . Dd will wear whatever she decides . Her winter outfits are not thick . We didn't hem her velour hand me down robe and I told her she probably won't need it anyways .

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 10:29 pm
I voted winter because I'm going to be wearing my new winter outfits, but with nude tights and not black tights. I might wear my winter robe at night though because the nights are getting cool here in Lakewood.

honeymoon

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 10:51 pm
We'll be home first days so we'll be in Pj's and robes. Second days, we'll do winter at night and according to the weather by day.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 1:22 am
In between.

DrMom

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 1:26 am
Still hot. Hence, summer clothes.

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 1:28 am
Are little boys wearing short sleeve shirts or long sleeve in the day?

Elfrida

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:35 am
We've just been deciding the best places for the fans in the sukkah. Does that answer your question as to what we will wear?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:40 am
It depends where you live.

Where I live, weather is predicted to stay under 65 degrees. Therefore I will be wearing winter.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:41 am
I'm in Brooklyn. We're doing summer clothes.
My ds will wear short sleeve shirts and long pants. My dd will wear short sleeve dresses
I'm pregnant so I don't have too much of a wardrobe, but all my maternity clothes are thin because I get very hot.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics